And onto happier things!
As promised a gazillion years ago, I have some pictures of the snow storm in Vermont - in March! Actually, my mom called last week or so and said it was snowing again!! I guess if you are reading this blog and you actually live in Vermont (or a location that has a similar climate), this is nothing to be amazed about. However, for a Marylander like myself, snow in March and April is pretty much unheard of. Plus, while I was in Vermont it was 80 degrees back home (which is also unusual).
![]() |
| The beginning of the snow storm - my mom and I sent hubs out to collect sap by himself... well, actually he went out with the neighbors, but he went without us! |
![]() |
| My parents' beautiful house - all the more beautiful with a bunch of snow! |
I must admit though, as lovely as that snow was, I am quite happy with the spring-like weather we are having here at home. I know that one day my husband would like to end up living in Vermont and I am fine with that, but I think it will be hard to say goodbye to spring. And here is why....
My top ten reasons I love spring:
1) I am a lucky duck and do not suffer from seasonal allergies anymore!
2) I don't have to don a scarf, hat, gloves, my brother's-in-law big heavy winter coat and boots to walk the dog or wait for the bus in the morning.
3) About half the time I can walk to the bus stop in the afternoon without my coat on.
4) It's not too cold nor too humid to eat lunch outside.
5) Running is very pleasant when it's in the 70s.
6) Every year I fall in love the the slow greening of the landscape.
7) Tulips everywhere! And cherry blossoms, but only for a short while.
8) The idea that I might grill something (this rarely happens because I am the WORST griller, but at least the possibility is there).
9) The start of the golf season and the possibility that I might be good this year (also, not likely).
10) People's good moods and naturally cheery selves (me included).
So, as you can tell, I am happy about the spring weather. Although it was so much fun experiencing a nice cozy snowfall when I went to visit my parents, I am happy that it was just that: a visit. This would also be the time I would start unpacking my spring/summer wardrobe - if I had one. Unfortunately I have so little clothing that I wear the same clothes all year round. Boo.
What are your favorite things about spring???





We're waiting for the warmth of spring also. We've graduated from snow to rain, but it's every day, it seems.
ReplyDeleteI understand about not blogging...I'm the queen of sporadic posts, so I won't be going anywhere. Enjoy your real life!
Kattrina - you shouldn't ever spend one second feeling badly about not blogging. Blog for yourself and take the rest of us along for the ride. There is a saying that I live by -- all things in their time. And there are just times when you can only do what you can do - then release the rest!
ReplyDeleteI love the very first blossoms of springime -- there is nothing more beautiful nor more welcomed. Tulips! Apple blossoms! Lilacs! Magnolias! LOVE them all.
You parents' house is simply spectacular!
ReplyDelete