Wednesday, March 28

Wow it's been forever!

Ok, yes, I know, I practically fell off the world.  I'm not sure too many people were really wondering what happened to me, but maybe one or two people noticed that I wasn't around. Like my mom.

Anyway, I do have a few excuses and I'm gonna try to keep the blog updated a little better these days.  I miss blogging and I miss comments and I miss you!  Life has just been a tad overwhelming and work and school and life have been kicking my hiney.  Who knows when it will get better and I have a feeling it will get worse, but I'll try my best.  My energy is slowing returning, so that's a good sign. 

So, I have two main reasons why I haven't been around.   And I think they are good reasons!

One: I went to Guatemala.

Proof - I promise I was there!!
Ok, ok, so I was only there for two weeks.  However, it was two weeks during my school break and so I didn't get as much relaxation time as I wanted/needed.  I finished classes, when to Vermont for Christmas, left for Guatemala, and then started classes again.  My brain was still fried from Anatomy and Physiology I and was definitely not ready for II.  I was tired and burnt out before I even had one class and I've felt behind ever since. 

I'll write a post about my trip eventually.  Not today though. But when I do I'll post lots of fun pictures - I promise!







Two:  I am no longer one person, I am two.

There's me, and inside of me is another me+husby!!

Yup, I am growing a human.  And it's hard work!!!  I think I was exhausted for a solid three months.  And not just a little, but A LOT.  I could barely keep up with work and school, let alone the blog.  So, the blog suffered.  My housekeeping suffered too, so don't feel too neglected.  My husband ate tortillas with cheese for dinner numerous nights because I was just too tired.

I feel better now.  And I have more energy.  I'm sure it'll only last a few months and then I'll be tired forever, but I'll take what I can get.

I'll post more about the pregnancy stuff on Maple and Mud.  Actually, I am considering condensing all my blogs into one.  Does anyone have an opinion on that?  It's hard keeping up so many blogs and I don't really have that much to say.  I'd prefer to just have one page.  I'm not sure how to do that but I'll figure something out.

Anyway, that's all I've got for you folks.  I hope my excuses are good enough!  I will try to do much better with posting. 

Leave a comment and let me know you're still around!!!

7 comments:

  1. AHHHH! I love your announcement! So cute! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the baby!! I'm so excited for you! No wonder you've been so tired and overwhelmed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!!!!! I'm SO happy for you!!! Ah, you're gonna love motherhood. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations:) I'm so happy that you are back, and I'm looking forward to follow you through pregnancy and motherhood, whether it will be on this blog or another:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy you are prego. :) September is a fabulous time to have a baby- Olivia is a September baby and one of my favorite memories of her first weeks was talking her on stroller rides in the fall weather. It was the only motivation I had to get dressed those first few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss this??? Congratualtions Kattrina! Such exciting news for you and hubby. NO wonder you were so exhausted -- it would be difficult under any circumstances but pregnancy adds a whole other layer of fatigue. I think you should merge your blogs into one and it will instantly become easier and richer! Looking forward to more pregancy and family posts as the weeks/months/years progress. For now - I simply elated for you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....