Wednesday, April 11

The Travel List Challenge

I've seen a few of these lists floating around Facebook and other blogs and thought it would be fun to do it myself.  I love traveling and although I traveled so much more as a child then I probably ever will as an adult, it's fun to dream.  I've been to 26 of the 100 places, so not too shabby.  I highlighted the ones I've been to in yellow.

1. Alamo
San Antonio, Texas, USA
2. Alhambra
Granada, Spain
3. Andros Island
Bahamas 

4. Angel Falls
Venezuela

5. Angkor Wat
Angkor, Cambodia

6. Atlantic City Boardwalk
Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA{
I can't believe I haven't been to Atlantic City - it's not that far from me!}

7. Ayers Rock
Australia
8. Big Ben
London, England
9. Bora Bora
Polynesia
10. British Museum
London, England
11. Canals of Amsterdam
Amsterdam, Netherlands

12. Cathedral of Seville
Seville, Spain

13. Cave of Crystals
Mexico

14. Christ the Redeemer
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

15. Cinque Terre National Park
Italy

16. Colosseum
Rome, Italy
17. Crater Lake National Park
Oregon, USA

18. Dead Sea
Israel/Jordan

19. Death Valley National Park
California, US

20. Devil’s Tower
Wyoming, USA

21. Dome of the Rock
Jerusalem, Israel

22. Easter Island Statues
Polynesia

23. Edinburgh Castle
Edinburgh, Scotland

24. Eiffel Tower
Paris, France

25. Empire State Building
New York City, New York, USA
26. Forbidden City
Beijing, China

27. French Quarter
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

This may not be the French Quarter but I walked around all over and did go there -
just didn't snap a picture

28. Galapagos Islands
Ecuador

29. Gateway Arch
St. Louis, Missouri, US

30. Gettysburg Battlefield
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, USA
31. Glacier Bay Basin
Alaska, USA

32. Glacier National Park
Montana, USA

33. Glowworm Cave
New Zealand

34. Golden Gate Bridge
San Francisco, California, USA
35. Grand Canal
Venice, Italy
 
36. Grand Canyon
Arizona, USA
37. Grand Mosque in Mecca
Saudi Arabia

38. Great Barrier Reef
Queensland, Australia

39. Great Mosque of Córdoba
Córdoba, Spain

40. Great Wall of China
China

41. Hagia Sophia
Istanbul, Turkey

42. Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
Hawaii, USA
43. Hollywood Boulevard
Hollywood, California, USA
44. Iguazu Falls
Argentina and Brazil

45. Kiyomizu-dera
Kyoto, Japan

46. Kremlin
Moscow, Russia

47. Lake Titicaca
Peru

48. Las Ramblas
Barcelona, Spain

49. Las Vegas Strip
Las Vegas, Nevada
50. Leaning Tower of Pisa
Pisa, Italy

51. Louvre Museum
Paris, France

52. Macchu Picchu
Peru
53. Matterhorn
Switzerland
54. Mayan Pyramids of Chichen Itza
Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico 

55. Metropolitan Museum of Art
New York City, New York, USA 
{I have been to NYC many times but for some reason never went inside this museum}

56. Mount Everest
Nepal 

57. Mount Fuji
Japan 

58. Mount Kilimanjaro
Tanzania 

59. Mount Rushmore
Keystone, South Dakota, USA 

60. Napa Valley
California, USA 

61. Ngorongoro Crater
Tanzania 

62. Niagara Falls
New York, USA 
 
63. Notre Dame Cathedral
Paris, France
 
64. Pacific Rim National Park
British Columbia, Canada 

65. Pebble Beaches of Nice
Nice, France 

66. Petra
Jordan 

67. Petronas Twin Towers
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 

68. Portland Head Lighthouse
Cape Elizabeth, Maine, USA 

69. Puerta Del Sol
Madrid, Spain 

70. Pyramids of Giza
Egypt 

71. Redwood National Park
California, USA

72. Rock of Gibraltar
Gibraltar 
 
73. Rocky Mountain National Park
Colorado, USA

74. Ruins of Athens
Athens, Greece 

75. Ruins of Pompeii
Pompeii, Italy 

76. Sagrada Famila
Barcelona, Spain 

77. Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
 
78. Sedlec Ossuary
Czech Republic 

79. Sistine Chapel
Vatican City, Italy
 
80. Smithsonian Institution
Washington, D.C., USA 

81. Space Needle
Seattle, Washington, USA 
{I've seen the Space Needle but never went to the top}

82. St. Peter’s Basilica
Vatican City, Italy
 
83. Statue of Liberty
New York City, New York, USA
 
84. Stonehenge
Wiltshire County, England 
{I lived in England for three years and we NEVER made it here - crazy}

85. Sydney Opera House
Sydney, Australia 

86. Taj Mahal
Agra, India 

87. Temple of the Golden Pavilion
Kyoto, Japan 

88. Teotihuacan
Mexico 

89. Tian Tan Buddha
Hong Kong, China 

90. Times Square
New York City, New York, USA


 
91. Varanasi
Uttar Pradesh, India 

92. Victoria Falls
Zimbabwe 

93. Wailing Wall
Jerusalem, Israel 
 
94. Walt Disney World Resort
Orlando, Florida
{I was at Universal Studios - does that count at all??}

On my way to Harry Potter World!!!
 
95. Washington Monument
Washington, D.C., USA
I work in DC so it's not hard to get the DC ones!
 
96. White Cliffs of Dover
Dover, England 

97. White House
Washington, D.C., USA
Rainy day at the White House

98. Winchester Cathedral
Hampshire, England 
 
99. Yosemite National Park
California, USA
 
100. Zion National Park
Utah, USA 

What places on the list are you dying to visit?  
I can't wait to one day hike the Grand Canyon!  And I've always wanted to do the Great Wall of China Marathon.  Probably not going to happen any time soon thought! 

What places are your favorite?? 
 My favorite place would have to be Pompeii - although I didn't appreciate it at the time.  I also love Big Ben and anything in London.  I'd love to go back to Europe one of the days!

What's missing?
I'm surprised they didn't put Neuschwanstein Castle (Germany) on the list or the Fjords, Norway.  I've been to Neuschwanstein Castle before (and it's beautiful) but I've never been to Fjords - looks beautiful though!

4 comments:

  1. Take your baby to Disney!!! Seriously, wait until your kids are around 5 and then do it big- it'll be the best vacation. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE to go to Disney!!! I hate rides but think the part would be great. My husband would love it too because he is just a big kid. I had wanted to go for our honeymoon but it was just too expensive, so we went to Hershey instead. They also have a marathon there in Jan. which would be fun to do one day. We'll see!

      Delete
  2. 26 is really good, I think I got 23 when I counted while reading:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 23 is a great number too! You've traveled a lot!

      Delete

Your comments make me smile....