Do you ever stop and think that life is going exactly the way you want it? That everything is going as planned and things are falling so nicely into place? That is exactly how I feel right now. I don't actually have a spot of happiness today, happiness has just spilled all over the place and it's a great feeling. Now, don't get me wrong, happiness is never without its complications, but since this is a happiness blog, I am focusing only on the good things.
I really think I had two great spills of happiness today. Our long awaited grant came through, which is just AMAZING. It's so great I think I am still in shock. My body goes through waves of happiness and disbelief and then reality hits and I'm consumed with worry and stress. Happiness doesn't come easy, does it? For so long I've worried about this grant and whether I was going to be employed or unemployed and what that would mean. That was part of why I decided to start this blog - I was a bit afraid of becoming unemployed and bitter, a bad combination. I wanted to make sure that no matter what life threw at me I'd be able to look at the bright side and see something good coming of the path my life was taking. Now - this may be a bit easier.
I'm not saying that life is easy or that just because things go the way you want them to, that all of a sudden everything is really easy - I'm just saying that sometimes things seem to fall into place and I feel like I am leading the life that I am suppose to be leading ; that when things get easy I realize that I am following the right path and making the right decisions. So, getting the grant and realizing that I am steadily employed for the next couple of years is a huge burden off my shoulders. It was such a great burden off my shoulders that I was able to SPRINT my five mile run.
The other great spot of happiness is that I got a letter from the State Department's National Visa Center letting me know that they are forwarding my fiance's petition to Tegucigalpa. Wow. It's all happening so fast that I don't know how to process it. I realized that when I turned the petition in in March that he would most likely be here by December, but now that it's all happening it's going so fast and I hardly have time to process it. This morning I found myself looking at wedding locations and actually mentioning a couple of wedding things to my co-workers. As I was running around the lake, I thought of receptions and ideas I had for dresses and celebrations. I even emailed a wedding location. Before I was too scared and thought for sure that thinking about actually getting married would jinx the entire process. Now I am a little more hopeful.
So, for some reason this posting doesn't seem to be as happy as the past ones are and I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe because I"m trying to watch The Wedding Crashers and writing at the same time so I can't get the right mentatlity. I am really happy about all these things but at times, things that make you happy also make your life more complicated I guess. There is so much to think about and so much to do. A new grant and practically a new life. Things sure are changing. Glad my Dad made me read Who Moved My Cheese or I might just be freaking out now!



"Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale." ... it's SO ok to enjoy your fairy tale! And I love that you're sharing your bits and specks of happy moments. It lets me keep up with where you are in your world!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're reading my blog!
ReplyDelete