Friday, June 29

Friday Smiles!

Ok, so I haven't had time to post since last week.  Yikes!  I wanted to make sure I posted today to keep up my "new" series though.  Sure would hate for it to last only a week!  Things have been pretty hectic these days though because we are moving tomorrow. 

I hate moving.

I don't know why I said that.  I don't know a single person who likes moving, so it's kind of stupid to have to mention that I, along with the other 7 billion people in the world, hate moving.  But I wanted to share anyway.

But, even with this big move looming over my head I have found a few things to smile about.
 

  Friday Smiles!




* Walking with my good TNT friend, who is also preggers and going to give birth really soon (we hope)!

If I stand next to people who are about to give birth, I don't
look so big!  This is me at 29 weeks...and my friend at 38 weeks.  And we just
finished a 5 mile walk!

* Doing a walk-through of our new apartment and seeing that it was cleaned and the dirty, gross, boy-men who lived there before did not ruin it forever.  I'm excited about having a two-bedroom apartment, even if the apartment is older and more worn-out than our last.  Beggars can't be choosers and we are beggars.  The location is good and I have high hopes for our new life there.

* Having amazing friends who are willing to come over and help me pack, organize my junk, come back over for more packing, and still willing to help me move and clean the apartment.  Seriously, everyone needs a friend this amazing.

Sarah and me getting our nails done for my wedding.

 * Winning the battle with MVA I can't believe I won.  Ok, so it wasn't really a battle.  I sent an email that stated what I said in my blog post - basically saying I wanted proof that hubs was ineligible for another permit until his new residency card came.  So, they transferred my case to some other office (an office where COMPETENT people work) and they told me to fax all his paperwork over and they would look at it.  Twenty minutes after faxing the paperwork someone called me and said he was eligible and they would send a letter to the MVA/DMV office we go to saying that he is able to sit for the test.  Yay!!!  And even better news - they said that on 1 Oct. they are changing the law to say that if you are over 25 years old you don't need your permit for 9 months, you only need it for 45 days!  Wowzers!  GREAT NEWS!!!  That means hubs can actually get his license in October.  How exciting!!!  I asked if they were getting rid of the driver's ed requirement but she said no.  Too bad.  

However, I am so happy that I didn't settle for the answer that the MVA/DMV person gave me.  I usually never argue with people and almost never push back.  For some reason, this time I fought back and it turned out that I was right.  I will have to seriously think about this lesson in the future and start "pushing back" a little more often.

* The passing of the health care bill.  I try not to be too political on this blog, even though I have pretty strong political beliefs.  However, I was so happy that the health care bill passed.  It's not the best solution but it sure helps some people out.  I, personally, find it super scary to think that I could lose my job and my health care benefits that go with it.  I am lucky because we have awesome health care coverage at my work and I don't pay much for it (seriously, my entire maternity care is free - all prenatal visits, tests, lab work, delivery of baby, and postpartum visits don't even cost me a co-pay).  But I am a lucky one because so many people have crappy or no insurance and it can be so stressful.  I am thinking about quitting work one day and going back to school full-time and the idea of having to settle for horrible university insurance terrifies me.  This should not be.  People have a right to be healthy and not have to fight tooth and nail for a mammagram or go bankrupt paying for cancer treatments.  It's not fair.  So, I have faith that one day good, quality health care will not be attached to social-economic status.

Alright, I will get off my pedestal now.

************************************

What are your Friday smiles?

Are you a pusher-back or a push-over like me??

Is there anyone out there that actually enjoys moving?

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget to email me your new address so I can send baby gifts!! :) My Friday smiles were definitely crafty time with my kids today. We spent the entire afternoon playing with all of the art supplies and I did scrapbooking. It was productive AND fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good call - I will definitely send you my new address! Your kids are going to be so crafty. What a fun afternoon, way better than packing and moving.

      Delete

Your comments make me smile....