Thursday, June 16

Summer Love

source

 I LOVE summer.

I love being hot and sweaty, I love how long the days are, I love BBQs and fresh corn on the cob, I love summer holidays like 4th of July, and I love the idea of vacations.

We are not taking any vacations this summer because the hubs's busiest season is the summer, but the idea of taking a vacation is nice.

Summer reminds me of younger days when I could stay out late and play tag, sit at the end of my driveway late at night and have conversations with friends, read lots of books out on the deck, and head to the beach for BBQs and pineapple gelato.

Nowadays, summer isn't as exciting.  I still spend 9 hours a day in my windowless office, still spend 3-4 hours a day in a commuter bus, still go to bed at 9:30pm so I can get up at 4:45am and be functional, and still spend the weekends running errands or working my second job.  Grown-up life isn't all that fun sometimes.

However, I admit that it makes me so much happier when the sun is still out when I get home and when I can go for a nice run or walk in the evening, or play a round of bocci ball with my neighbors.  Of course for the next five days all we have is rain, thunder, and lightening, but it'll be warm again soon!

What do you love about summer? 

2 comments:

  1. Fresh corn on the cob... well I think I will make that this weekend, it should be sunny, so a bbq will be in place, and a lot better than the pouring rain we have right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you love being hot and sweaty? wow! haha i respect that. your blog is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....