Tuesday, September 22

Day 10 of Happiness: A Promotion is in Order

Woo-hoo!!!!  

Spot of happiness for today: I am getting a promotion!!!

Ok, so maybe it's not a real promotion.  It's more like I got a raise, but in order to justify the raise the official word is that I got a promotion.  I don't particularly care about the technicalities.  Last month I was terrified I would be unemployed and now I am not only employed, I am also making a few more bucks an hour.  Really, any amount will help.  I think the admin staff still makes more money than me (this is a sad fact), but I am already envisioning how I might spend this extra dollar: 
  •  I could finally get a print edition of The New York Times (ok, so maybe just the Sunday edition)
  • I could buy a new pair of work shoes (and stop using conference calls as a time to color my shoes with black permanent marker)
  •  I can save a little (or at least put more money in savings and the just transfer it later)
  • I can subscribe to Ms. Magazine
  • I could replace some of my really sad looking clothes
  • I could pay more rent money
  • I could buy better Christmas presents
  • I could get my hair cut

The possibilities are endless.  Wow - I think I might need another raise to fulfill my wish list.

This raise is actually the result of my co-worker, Jennifer.  She really advocated for me and stuck her neck out on the line to see that I got paid a little more money.  So, I really thank her for that.  Most people wouldn't do that - she's great.

THANKS JENNIFER!!!

6 comments:

  1. I vote for a haircut & a subscription to Ms Magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - I definitely need a haircut!! And I thoroughly enjoyed your Ms. magazine. Just doing my part to spur the economy, right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there,

    I've left a present for you over at my blog. Drop by to pick it up when you have a moment!

    Have another wonderful day!

    -Carrie, from [carrotspeak.]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the promotion. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of those suggestions sound exactly like what I would do with a few extra bucks... except I would probably subscribe to Real Simple instead of Ms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie - I can't believe you gave me a blog award. I am completely honored and shocked. Thanks so much!

    Emil - thank you for the congratulations and the blessings.

    Stephanie - I would sure love to follow all of my suggestions, but I haven't even followed one yet. I bought a new dress, and that wasn't even on my list! We'll see if I even get that Ms. magazine ordered...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....