Friday, September 18

Day 8 of Happiness: It's Friday!!!


Friday. 




Such a fabulous day.  Even if you're having a horrible day, there is always a little bit of excitement living inside of you because the weekend is almost here.  Even if you have to work all weekend, have a second job, etc., there is just something special about Fridays.  Here are the reasons I'm happy that today is Friday:

  • I am going to my co-worker/friend's fundraiser/bachelor/bachelorette party.  It's called Pulp Friction.  There will be burlesque dancers.  There will be beer and wine.  There will be lots of fun.  When was the last time you went to a party with burlesque dancers?????


  • I am heading to Philadelphia tomorrow to see some Peace Corps friends and run in the Philadelphia Half Marathon.  Ok, so the running party is not exciting me at this point.  I have been slacking (read: went to Honduras and didn't run) and am NOT prepared to run 13.1 miles or even 10.  However, the idea of seeing my friends and hanging out re-hashing our great times in Choluteca while eating rosquillas and drinking pinol are what is making me smile.  The running is making me wince.


  • I have on a new pair of pants, courtesy of my wonderful sister Melissa.  Yes - Melissa bought me a new pair of jeans!!  I can home from Honduras to see a pair of pants sitting innocently on my bed, begging me to try them on.  And they fit perfectly (minus the fact that they are too long - which is inevitable unless I am lucky enough to find a pair of pants that are size short-let/big-belly).  So I am wearing them today.  And it feels great.


  • I didn't have to take the bus this morning.  Woo-hoo!!  Since I am going to Pulp Friction I needed a form of transportation that allowed me to stay in the city past 7:30pm.  I opted for the good ol' metro.  I was completely prepared for many hours sitting in traffic on 95-S, but was pleasantly surprised to find out that there was none.  I made it to work in record time.  I was here before 8am.  Since this is a happy blog I won't mention how jealous I am of people who don't have to work on Friday (this would be the reason for no traffic) nor will I talk about how I will now have a really long work day since the party doesn't start until 8pm.


  • I'm going out to eat tonight.  Yup, before the party my co-worker (not the one throwing the party, but another burlesque party-goer) and I will grab a bite to eat.  I love eating out.  Actually, I love eating at home all the time and then eating out once in a blue moon.  It makes the eating out more special. 

Those are just some of the things that are making my Friday fantastic.  I can almost picture the weekend; it is so near.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile....