Unbelievable.
I still cannot believe that I actually won a blog award.
I don't even really know anything about blogging. I didn't think anyone but my family and close friends were even interested in my blog. Now I have FOUR followers - and two of those followers are NOT family! Utterly amazing. I might be able to stop rating my own blog soon!
First, I'd like to thank Carrie from [carrotspeak] for bestowing this honor upon me. I stumbled upon her blog a few weeks ago and was hooked. Not only is her blog decked out in orange (my ultimate favorite color), it also has the word "carrot" in it - one of the few vegetables I like. If that wasn't enough to get me interested, the honesty, raw emotions, and spirit easily made me a "follower". The fact that Carrie has some 600 followers and must read about a thousands blogs a day makes this award even more special. Again, thank you. You truly made my day.
And now for the rules (yes, awards come with rules these days and I'm a rule kinda girl so of course I was thrilled).
The rules for the Kreativ Blogger award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.So, let's see.
Rule 1: I thanked Carrie. CHECK
Rule 2: I also put the logo on my blog. CHECK
Rule 3: Link to the person who nominated me - I will figure that out in a second. Got it. CHECK
Rule 4: 7 interesting things about me? Hmm. I already listed interesting facts on my blog. I guess they are not interesting anymore though, so I'll need new ones. Here we go. CHECK
- I had 15 teeth pulled. Most were baby teeth, so I am not toothless. Two were permanent though, but my mouth is sooooooo small that you can't even tell.
- I was a vegetarian for 8 years, but I now eat meat again. I think that that is uncommon. I do feel bad about killing the chickens though.
- In high school I wanted to be a police officer in the US Marines. I had Marine bumper stickers, book covers, posters in my bedroom, a water bottle, and a t-shirt. I even took Junior Police Academy with my friend Heather. Then the recruiter told me they didn't accept people with asthma. So, I decided to go to a Catholic all-women's college. The complete opposite. It was one of the best decisions of my life.
- When I was little I wanted to be a garbage collector so I could ride on the back of the truck.
- I have never been to a dance in my entire life. I skipped all middle and high school dances - even Prom. I don't regret it. I HATE dancing in public.
- I would love to have six kids. I am getting old though, so I don't think it will happen. Also, I am poor so I can't really afford 6 kids. I can barely afford myself (especially with my long wish list).
- I love calendars.
- My creative and wonderful friend Shannon and her blog Sweet Pepita. Not only is this blog filled with great photos and wonderful prose, it is also home to Sweet Pepita - one of a kind clothing. Everyone should shop there. It's great.
- I am giving this second award to the best wedding blog around Adam and Jenny Get Married. Jennifer is a great blogger and has successfully surfed the internet for great things to post. I actually copy some of her ideas - like posting comics. Definitely worth a perusal.
Rule 6: Post links of the blogs I'm giving the award to. CHECK (although only 2)
Rule 7: Let them know I gave them the award. Will do as soon as I post this.
Ok, so I finished the rules. Whew - what a relief. Time for bed!!!





Aww, you're welcome. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for passing it on! Not everyone has posted yet. :/
It's funny...I had a ton of my baby teeth pulled too. (To get me into braces faster.) And four of my adult ones if you count the wisdom teeth. I had never met someone else who'd had something similar done. :) And here I thought I was the only person in the world with a mouth too tiny for all their teeth. Haha.
That's funny about your teeth, cuz I've never met anyone with the same story either. That was the exact excuse they gave me - put me into braces faster. Since I grew up overseas and had military dentists, I just figured they had no patience. Customer service in NOT important in the military - as you may have figured out. :-)
ReplyDelete