These are my snow footprints:
One was made on my way out to my car and the other was made on the way back (no, I don't have feet that face different directions!). I had forgotten to put my windshield wipers up and wanted to make sure I did it before they froze to the car.
Let me just say, I LOVE snow. Even last year during our snow-a-pa-looza I never got tired of it. Yes, I get tired of some of the other things like no food at the grocery store, not know if I can make it into work, horrendous traffic, people stealing my self-shoveled parking spot, being cooped up in the house with my stir-crazy hubster on day 6, etc., but I never actually got tired of it snowing. Sometimes, after a few weeks of having the snow on the ground it starts to look less pretty and then I'm not a fan. However, I love a good snowfall. For some reason I find it just lovely to sit in the house and watch it snow. Hubs and I opened the curtains so I could fall asleep watching it snow last night. So peaceful.
I also love the beautiful gray skies when it's snowing. And how everything looks black and white with some spots of bright color. I just wished I lived in a place where snow was more managable. I also wish that every time it snowed in such a beautiful way I could stay home. Because going to work just ruins the entire experience.
Today was a great example. I had to get up extra early to make sure I had enough time to scrape my car and get all the snow off (and just imagine what "extra early" is when I already wake up at 4:51am). I was so proud of myself because I had gotten ready and was walking downstairs about 10 minutes early - I had plenty of time to scrape the car!
Then I rounded to corner at the bottom of the stairs to find out that the dog had thrown up no less than ten times ALL OVER THE LIVING ROOM! Ugg-a-roo! I quickly thought about pretending I didn't see it (even though my sock was a bit wet...). After decided that that was really rude I thought I could run upstairs and wake up hubster and beg him to clean it up. But then I thought that no one wants to be woken up at 6:10am to clean up dog throw-up. So I got to work and super-cleaned it up and then super-scraped my car and then super-drove to the bus stop only to get there as the bus was pulling out.
Boogers.
So, I waited in my car until the next bus arrived. And I was only about 30 minutes late for work - which is understandable since we had about five inches of snow on the ground.
And then I decorated my co-workers office for her 40th birthday. Lots of black balloons and streamers. It was fun. But then on the way out my other co-worker (who was helping me) and I shut her door not realizing it was locked on the inside. So when she came into work an hour later her office door was locked - oops! Luckily the boss had some master keys!!
Have a great day and let it snow, let it snow, let it snow (although I think the storm has passed and there is no more snow in the forecast)!




I like the snow too. Being able to stay home and having a little one to play in it make it extra awesome. I agree, there are down sides to it though.
ReplyDeleteYou are SO nice to clean up after the dog. I'm hoping someone did something extra special for you to say thank you! :-)
Aww, poor dog! :(
ReplyDeleteI love snow as well - there is something so serene about it!