Monday, January 3

A Holiday of Happiness

I can't even descibe what a wonderful week I had in Vermont - no work, lots of family time, fun games, snow, long drives, and a week that went on forever (but sadly had to end).  My trip was so full of spots of happiness that I can't even begin to describe them.  It was so special introducing hubs to Christmas in the U.S. (which you can read more about and see pictures of here!) and getting some much needed time together.  We haven't spent that much time hanging out since our wedding - which was too long ago.

I am not going to torture you with an exceedingly long post about every spot of happiness that I had, but here are some highlights with a few photos to accompany the list (because yes, I got a new camera!!!):

* a beautiful white Christmas in northern Vermont

View out the window from the family room

View of the driveway from the front door


* wonderful presents that included almost everything on my Wish List (posts to follow) and the most important: FAMILY


* a fun drive to and from Vermont with lots of Air Supply, Black Eyed Peas, and the new CD I got hubs: Pedro Fernando

* yummy food and gaining ten pounds (ok, the weight gain wasn't a highlight and maybe it was only five pounds but seriously, my work pants don't fit...)




* movies with my dad and hubs - True Grit

* sledding with my mom




*snow shoeing in my parents' backyard



Hubs made me wear his new hat so I looked a bit dorky...

* lazy days in front of the fire


My favorite place to be - in the comfy chair in front of the fire with a good book or good conversation and a hot cup of tea

* dog kisses



* drinking freshly brewed tea every afternoon

* bowling with my aunt and uncle, mom and dad, and hubs

* the fact that my aunt and uncle came and spent a night with us in Vermont

* seeing Ivan's enjoyment of everything presents

* almost no TV watching

* Yahtzee, Sorry, and lots of Sequence with a game of Monopoly thrown in

My mom throwing some lucky dice

* warm soaks in the hot tub

* and so much more!




AND what was great about returning home???

Peyton, Brenna, and Melissa (and Brian too of course)!!!!


See, there is always a silver lining.  Yes, returning home after a lovely vacation is torture but not when you get a big hug and kiss from your beautiful little niece yelling Ti-Ti (my name) and acting like she missed you more than fruit snacks.

So, yes it was back to work for me today and yes I have a bit of Christmas hangover depression but on the bright side - every year I get older and a year is an even smaller percentage of my life - so Christmas comes quicker and quicker!

2 comments:

  1. Your holiday looks so heavenly! I absolutely love the winter wonderland in Vermont! I only wish Chicago looked the same! Welcome back home, and back to reality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, looks like such a fun Christmas! Love all the pics :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....