Tuesday, May 24

TV Shame

Yesterday I had a complete moment of bliss.

I was finished eating dinner, played with little niece P, read her a few stories, and then came downstairs.  The middle floor (with the kitchen and living room) was completely empty.  Not a soul in site.  Husband was downstairs and sister+family was upstairs. 

I thought of things I needed to do, and I couldn't come up with ANYTHING!!!  Class was over, so no studying.  I had already nixed my run for this reason.  Dinner was already cleaned up, thanks to my sister.  I had nothing to bake or cook or get ready. 

I could pull out my book...or...I could watch whatever I wanted to on TV.  "TV! TV! TV!" my little mind shouted.  Having no resistance to watching whatever I wanted on TV is a rare blessing.  I can always put my foot down and request the TV remote, it's not like I am not allowed to watch TV.  I am just not a big TV fan so I don't really care enough to take over the remote.  But sometimes I love disappearing into the mental-mush of the television.  Especially when I'm all alone and no one is around to make fun of my pathetic choice of television.

What was on tonight's menu???  OOHHH - the season finale of....

In my secret life, I am a gymnast...
Yup - a show made for teens.  I can't help it though - I am totally hooked on this series.  Yes, I realize it is ridiculous drama and is on ABC FAMILY....I just can't help it.  And sometimes it makes me shed a tear.  Quite embarrassing actually.  The show is top-of-the-line cheesy.

However, I LOVE it and was thrilled to have caught the season finale.  Now, I have no idea what season this is and I've only seen the first season and some characters seem to have disappeared and I have no idea what happened to them...but it was still GREAT.

So, that was definitely my spot of happiness of the day - teen TV makes for a relaxing night!!!

What guilty pleasure television do you like???
 - As far as I know, this is my only embarrassing one.  Usually I am watching NCIS or Law and Order re-runs...not quite as bad as Make it or Break it!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE make it or break it!! I just discovered it on Hulu a few weeks ago. I watched every single episode in one weekend. It was crazy, but I was hooked. I dreamed gymnastics for days :) I'm putting off watching the season finale because I don't want it to end. How cheesy is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cheesy stuff, but top of my list is The Secret Life of the American Teenager - also on ABC Family. Made for teens, but I feel closer in age and interests to the parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK - I admit that I became completely addicted to American Idol and Dancing with the Stars. Such a relief that they are finally over. There's gardening that needs doing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....