Saturday, May 21

The weekend couldn't have come any sooner

These days I love the weekend.  Although they are sometimes so busy that they also stress me out.  Like this weekend - my first TNT group run, breakfast with a friend, grocery shopping, bank, Orioles game, golf, and book club.  Why am I always SO over scheduled?

Yesterday was kinda relaxing though - in that Friday sort of way.  I took my co-worker out for lunch to celebrate her birthday.  Here we are:


Can you make us out?  My other co-worker and I both took her out.

Oh, wait, is that blurry?  Let me see if I have a better photo.



That's a little better.  But honestly, it's not great.  I'm not sure what was wrong with the camera person - she was just not good at focusing.  At all.

So then I took this picture of my co-workers under a magnolia tree:



Much better.  I don't really have any problems focusing the camera.  Geez.

After a delicious lunch of fried catfish tacos and a few more hours of work - it was the WEEKEND!

YESSSSSSSS!

Today I had a great training run (which you can read about here) and we (as in my hubs, my sister, her family, and her fifty in-laws) went to the Orioles game.  And guess what???  THEY WON!!!  Now, if you don't follow baseball you might not realize just how bad the Orioles are.  They are BAD.  They used to be good, back when we had Cal Ripkin, but for at least a decade they have been pretty atrocious.  Now, I haven't given up my loyalty, I am still an Orioles fan and always hope they'll get better.  And today it paid off.  Especially since they played the DC Nationals.  Those traitors stole our fans. 

And to tell you the truth...baseball games are way more fun when your team is winning.

Here's some photos of hubs and me:



It's suppose to look like we're in front of a real baseball field,
not a fake one.  Zoom people!

Don't zoom that much!!!
Ignore my ugly face and look how CLOSE we are to the field!

It was a great time.  And even greater when 6pm came and went and the world didn't end.  I breathed a huge sigh of relief.

Oh, and here are some pretty magnolia flowers I snapped some photos of on my walk to work.  I love magnolias!


You, dear flower, are just beautiful to me.

I want to just cut you off the tree and float you in a bowl of water.
On my dining room table.
But I won't, cuz then you'd die.

I hope you're having a great weekend!!!


2 comments:

  1. I remember the Orioles doing OK when I lived in Maryland, but then again that was back in 1998/1999, back then The redskins weren't doing too good in football, how are they now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you need a wife to do all those boring things like bank and grocery store so you can do fun things like breakfast with friend and baseball game. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....