Although our days will be JAM PACKED with golf instruction, it still looks like a fabulous place. And maybe I'll meet some cool people. Plus, I'm traveling with my cool friend, a fellow LPGA Girls in Golf coach.
I can't say I've had too many spots of happiness in the past few days. I'm a bit stressed about work, trying to get wedding details together, filling out Ivan's Adjustment of Status paperwork, figuring out how to get him his Social Security card, finding enough cash to service my car, and finding a Civil Surgeon that is educated enough to know what I need for Ivan's medical exam - all while fighting a cold and some kind of massive stomach nausea.
Yeah - that's probably a complaining sentence, but I'm gonna follow it with a few good things that have come out of these bad things.
So, though the stress is mounting, I can still see through it and find some glimmers of joy. First, all of my friends (new and old) that have gone through the same immigration crap have been soooo helpful. I met this girl from California who was filling out the immigration stuff at the same time as me and she has been SO helpful and sends me copies of all kinds of documents helping me figure out how to translate birth certificates and fill out onerous forms. Along with her, my Peace Corps friends that also married Hondurans, and another friend that is an immigration lawyer have been a great support. Good friends are, as I've said many times, always spots of happiness.
Also, my work is throwing me a bridal shower at the office which makes me smile. Yes, I kinda of figured they would since we've thrown everyone else one when they've gotten married, but it's still a nice gesture and makes me feel happy. So that's a spot of happiness.
And I guess my last spot is that it's the weekend. I know, that's kinda a lame one because the weekend comes every week, but I could really use a weekend and it's here. Although it's gonna be a weekend away and I won't get all the stuff I need to get done done, I'll still be enjoying Floriday, golf, and SUN!!!
Ok, gotta pack. Have a great weekend everyone!!!!
AND DON'T FORGET TO SMILE!!!




Yeah for bridal showers! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeletehey darlin, i hope you've been having a great weekend and that it helps alleviate some of the stress you're under. remember that every little thing that gets accomplished brings you one step closer to wedded bliss!
ReplyDeletein case my emails have been going to your spam folder, i wanted to let you know that i've sent you some images of the tree - if you're happy with them then it is ready to be sent to you and all i need is your address!
catch ya later :)
Enjoy your weekend! I know how stressful immigration paperwork is and you definitely deserve a break :)
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blog and after reading your comment on my post can't believe how similar our stories are with our Catrachos! it's always nice to find people in the same boat :)