Thursday, March 25

Day 75 of Happiness: Fun in Vermont


I've finally made it to Vermont to spend the last few days before leaving my single life and entering married life.  Ivan and I have a great drive up here - even if it took us over ten hours, and it was raining, and a bit windy.  And I had to eat a gross Roy Rogers chicken sandwich that may have been sitting out for a few hours.  It was a lot of fun explaining to Ivan all the stuff we were passing, crossing into new states, passing tons of rivers, going over huge bridges, seeing the landscape change from flat to mountainous and back to flat.  It's like seeing the world for the first time all over again.

Vermont is a spot of happiness all of itself.  I love it here - the countryside, the cows, the farms, the people, my parents' house, the MAPLE SYRUP AND SAP GATHERING.  It's quite perfect here, away from the hussle and bussle of DC.  However, on top of just being in Vermont, I'm getting ready for my wedding.  Yesterday we headed down to Middlebury to meet with the photographer, wedding planner, and make-up artist in order to get everything settled for the big day.  Minus the fact that it snowed yesterday morning and it's suppose to be 38 degrees and I'm in a strapless dress - everything will be perfect I'm sure. 

Other spots of happiness: seeing Kuma and Mishka, my parents' dogs, chatting with my mom, getting to see all my friends and family coming in for the wedding, being in the country, gathering maple syrup with my dad, playing Yatzee with Ivan and my mom, and just relaxing with no work and Ivan here next to me.

Vermont - Thank you for being so relaxing!!
Wedding - I am so ready for you!

7 comments:

  1. Gosh I don't even know you and I'm giddy waiting to see pics of the wedding. Sounds like it's going to be a beautiful setting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH! I cannot wait to hear all about your wedding! I hope it is simply magical!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be super excited about the wedding, I can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS and have a super amazing wedding day! i am so excited and happy for you! much love to you and Ivan, xox!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like your wedding will be amazing! Hope you post lots of pics! Will your Catracho be able to have any family there? Also, just the mention of Maple Syrup makes my mouth water LOL My mom only bought the real stuff when we were growing up and in Costa Rica it costs like $20 for the little tiny bottle. Needless to say we have been sticking with honey but I am definitely grabbing a bottle when I visit the States next month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kattrina, I wish you and Ivan the wedding you have always wanted, surrounded by people who love you dearly. Remember not to sweat the small stuff ... enjoy,enjoy, and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww yay!! i can't wait to see your wedding photos, congratulations my dear!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....