Monday, March 1

Days 64 - 69 of Happiness: Returning to the ATL

 {ok, so my friends don't look exactly like that - they are much better looking!!}

Since I was in Atlanta all week on business, I didn't get a chance to write about my daily spots of happiness.  However, I don't want you to think that they didn't exist - so here they are, all jammed into one entry!  

Going to ATL is always fabulous because I have amazing ATL friends.  Plus, since I was at a CDC meeting, I have a few CDC/Grantee friends that I like to catch up with too.  

I haven't been sent to ATL for work since the winter of 2007, so it's been awhile since I saw them (unless they have made the trek to the DC area).  And I love seeing them.  It makes me smile.

Pretty much every day was a spot of happiness because I was soooo busy seeing people I almost missed the CDC meeting - haha, just kidding, I promise I was there and paying rapt attention to every presentation.  I had dinner with grad school friends, old roomies (and their expanding families), Peace Corps friends, CDC/grantee friends, etc.

Although the meetings were long and a bit onerous (not all presenters present equally), I had something to look forward to every day.  I was a busy socialite.

So, if you were wondering what happened to me - that's it.  Too much hotel time, slow hotel internet, and lots of fun people to catch up with.  Great days.

Then I totally thought I'd catch up on the weekend, but was busy getting my wedding dress fitted, taking Ivan to English class, coaching golf, making cookies, and having dinner with golf friends (oh, and washing clothes, sheets, and towels).  It was a great weekend too!  Next weekend I'm off to Florida (please be warm, please be warm) for golf coaching certifications.  Excitement, excitement!!

PS. A big, big welcome to my newest followers mjt910 and Tina (my stationary exchange pal!!)...thank you for making me smile.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Glad you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! you know what? i was thinking today, where's Kattrina? no word of a lie... i came by to tell you i hoped things are well and that your little absence is full of lovely spots of happiness... and here you are!

    i am glad you had such a good week in Atlanta (it is a beautiful city, i was there once on a work conference thing a couple of years ago)

    how is Ivan doing these days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You had many spots of happiness for sure. One thing we agree on and that is that spending time with friends is tops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kattrina! omg, thank you so much for the sweet comments! i would LOVE to draw your tree! and forget commission, it would be my pleasure and my gift to you! you can contact me at spazberryjam@yahoo.ca to discuss the details :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog! New follower!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....