St. Augustine and intensive golf camp was fun. Although some golfers REALLY annoy me, especially the old men or conservative types that talk to me in a condescending manner, it was a good time. Plus, the weather was A-MAZING compared to here. And when I got back a ton of snow had melted - not all of it, but at least one more parking space which makes me less stressed on a daily basis. I have have three parking options in my townhouse complex. This is just fabulous. Here is a postcard that I sent all of you from St. Augustine:
What a cute town that was...I could totally live there, if I found a job. I at least could have stayed a week so that I might have enjoyed the sights - like the fort, some of the missions, and the FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH!! I mean, I'm almost 30, it's about time I started drinking from that water source...
Anyway, not much to report. Main spots of happiness? My bridal shower at work. Although still uncomfortable being the center of attention, it was great fun and I am thankful for the great gifts and the fabulous brunch foods people brought in.
Here's a tough spot of happiness, so you know I'm working hard on these (being happy about a bridal shower is not hard, I realize). Today I walked out of the house without my purse (which has happened an embarrassing number of times - something that might be cured by the Fountain of Youth??) but didn't notice until I got to the bus stop. By the time I drove home and back the bus had already left. So, I had to drive 20 minutes down the road to the next bus stop - on the local bus, not the regular express. This annoyed me to know end. However, on the way home, the bus driver was so spastic with her accelerating/decelerating that I really thought I was going to expell my lunch. I was SOOOO thankful that I only had about 45 minutes on the bus rather than the hour and a half I normally would have. So, although I was completely annoyed about forgetting my purse, on the way home it was a blessing. Yeah, a spot of happiness where I wasn't expecting it.
Oh, and my biggest spot this week so far - shellbell has offered, completed, and mailed my wedding guest tree. Isn't that the nicest thing on the planet??? I am so incredibly touched that she offered to draw my guest tree as a wedding gift. Every time I think about it it makes my heart burst with joy. THANK YOU SHELLBELL - you will forever be a part of my special day!
Spread the joy!!!




absolutely my pleasure! i'm super excited for you and Ivan and your big day!
ReplyDeleteOoohh! I can't wait to see the wedding guest tree! I love those!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a lovely gift of the wedding guest tree!! Have you received it yet? I bet you can't wait to see it!
ReplyDeleteAnd I love that you turned something downright annoying and bad into something to be thankful for...
xx