Large, walking Hershey Kisses =
Super Spot of Happiness!!!
Wow I've been gone a long time. Marriage does that to ya I guess. First there was the wedding, then there was the honeymoon, then there was the back to work, then there were the immigration papers, and now there is just life as normal.
If you want to see how the wedding went and view some honeymoon photos (since we don't really have any wedding photos yet), head on over to my other blog, Maple and Mud, because that's where I posted them. I haven't actually written anything about the wedding and figure I'll wait until I get some photos. Although the entire wedding/honeymoon was a definite spot of happiness, I didn't want to inundate this blog with weddings stuff, so I posted it over there.
But let me just say - I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!! Getting married was a blast and the wedding, and days leading up to it and the week after it, were just as perfect as I wanted them to be.
Aside from the wedding, there have been some other great, great days too. It's hard to have a bad day when the weather has been amazing. The sunshine just makes me smile without even thinking about it. It's always a spot of happiness to see the beautiful cherry blossoms in DC. And to see the trees going from brown to green. It even makes the commute to DC a tad more relaxing.
Ivan and I have also been golfing a bit, which I love. I think we may join a Couples Golf league, which is humorous and fun at the same time. My golf skills are not quite up to par (haha), but I'm excited about it anyway. Finding a fun activity for us both to do is a genuine spot of happiness - even if we'll look a bit crazy and everyone else will be twenty years our senior.
Easter, and every holiday = spot of happiness. For Easter we (meaning my family) make ham, but this year I made fried fish, tostones, fried cheese, coleslaw, avocados, and chismol. It was a nice combination of Honduran and American food and it was tasty. Here's a nice photo to enjoy:
I was quite impressed with my culinary skills since I have never cooked fish before in my life.
And the biggest spot of happiness??? The fact that I mailed in Ivan's Adjustment of Status and Employment Authorization forms!!! WOOO-HOOO!!! Let's hope USCIS thinks they are as great and well done as I did. We are both super thrilled that we have completed that huge hurdle. Now we just have to wait to see whether they approve them.
Ok, that's enough happiness for today. It's getting late and I need some sleep!
Thanks for hanging on in my absence - I missed you!!!!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments make me smile....