Wednesday, April 21

Day 81 of Happiness: Happy Earth Day


Happy Day to you my sweet little Earth.

Earth Day makes me smile.  I just wish it were on a weekend so I could enjoy the outside - 
it's hard to appreciate the Earth from inside my windowless office.

But, I ate lunch outside today, in front of the White House.  It's my favorite lunch spot when the weather's nice.  Unless the protests are too loud, then it's not so nice.

And I love eating lunch with my good friend Steve.  It's not as great as it was when he worked with me,
but since he works close by we can still get together every once in a while.

So then I don't have to eat my lunch in front of my computer.
Which is boring.

Another spot of happiness is my tutoring started up again.
I had to take a break with all the wedding stuff, but my student and I met last night again.
It's cute because she calls me Mrs. Kattrina, even though she's much older than me.
She's super sweet and tries so hard.
I hope I can make a difference.

And my last spot is that my best (Honduran) friend Albita was suppose to leave for Spain on Monday.
She's moving there all by herself to make some money for her family, 
because her sister lost her job and they can't survive.
I was so worried because she was flying from Tegucigalpa, to San Salvador,
to Mexico, to Paris, to Barcelona.
Except that the Paris airport is closed.
So I thought she was stuck in a foreign country, terrified,
with no money or help.
But I talked to her last night and her entire flight was postponed for two weeks.
What a relief - and she sounded so happy.
She was in tears when I talked to her before.
I love her so much and wish I could help her out so she didn't have to go.

{Albita and me}

Oh, and one more spot.  I had gotten an email from the library saying that 
I had returned a DVD without one of the DVDs
and it was considered late - which is a $1 per day fine.
I got this notice while I was getting married so a couple of weeks had already passed.
And for the life of me I couldn't find the DVD.
Went to the library yesterday and the charge had miraculously
disappeared!!
Year for disappearing library fines!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile....