A birthday is always a spot of happiness and tomorrow is my birthday. I'm excited about it today though, so it's already a spot of happiness. I cannot believe that I'm turning 30 - it used to seem so old, but now it seems so young. At this age my mom already had three children, had joined the military, and had left the military. I just got married. I may be a bit behind in the family department - but I tried to get a lot of stuff done before settling down, like grad school, Peace Corps, time getting my career on track, etc.
This has actually been a great pre-birthday weekend. Today was full of fun - golf lessons, Ivan's soccer game, and our first Couples Golf League. It was a lot of fun - more fun than I thought. And Ivan and I play well together - he can drive the ball super far and I can putt the ball with much more patience. It was good fun.
Tomorrow we have a day in DC planned (since I took off work - hey, you only turn 30 once in your life, unless you start counting backwards like my brother-in-law!) with our niece and a BBQ with my family, golf friends, and neighbors. It's gonna be great.
I had actually always thought I'd do something fabulous on my 30th bday but since I just got married it seems a bit much. I mean, we've celebrated me far too much this year. So, a low-key 30th bday sounds just fine.
I'll let you know how it goes!
Hope everyone had a great weekend and is ready to face the new week!




Let me be the first blogger friend to wish you a very happy birthday Kattrina. Seems like we both had milestone birthdays! You have already experienced so much in 30 short years ... be proud and enjoy your special day - the first as a married lady! Love. Lyn
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday lady! I hope the big 3-0 is fabulous! And a day in DC??? Sounds incredible!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! And congratulations on all your accomplishments before turning 30. There are many women out there who would be lucky to be in your shoes!
ReplyDeletehappy birthday tomorrow! welcome to your 30's - the best decade!
ReplyDeletewe all do things in our own time, and i wouldn't say you're "behind" where having a family is concerned, because you've done things your own way :)
enjoy your day, i hope it unfolds with only the best things for you! i wish you many spots of happiness on your 30th!
xox
Happy birthday! I wish I could have spent my 30th in DC, I would have loved to walk from the Lincoln Memorial down the mall looking at the reflection pool with the cherry blossoms, that was my all time favorite place in DC. Enjoy your birthday!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Kattrina! 30 is awesome!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I loved my stationery swap goodies.
I'm not sure I believe you :) you look much younger! lol. I hope you had a wonderful wonderful birthday Kattrina!
ReplyDeleteAnd I totally wish people could get married more than once too, I'm still sad that Kay's wedding was over, it was such a perfect day.
Hope you're having fun in DC :) x