Sunday, January 3

Day 46 of Happiness: Photoshop Breakfast


{nun-friend}
Not really too much to report today.  I must tell you that this three-day weekend has been bliss.  I can't believe that I have to go to work tomorrow.  Ugg, the worst thing about going to work is getting up early.  However, let's concentrate on the here and now.  Hmm, as I said, nothing much to report.

I did go to church and brunch with my nun-friend.  I haven't seen her since September.  Wow - I can't believe it's been so long.  I am a bad friend.  Must work on that. It was nice catching up with her and showing her pics of Ecuador.  Definitely a spot of happiness.

And my other spot of happiness?  Playing with Photoshop.  Yup, my dad bought me Photoshop for Christmas and so I've been playing around with it.  It's pretty hard actually.  It can do SOOOO many amazing, awesome things that I don't know about.  Not only do I not  know about them, I don't even know they exist.  So, to help me in this endeavor, I bought a book (Photoshop Elements 8: One-on-One, to be exact) to help me learn it.  So, I've been doing that all weekend.  I haven't gotten to far though - just chapter 2.  It takes FOREVER to import, organize, and catalog all my photos.  Eventually I will learn how to make them beautiful.

So, that's pretty much it.  Oh, and another happy though...thinking to myself that in a week I will be leaving for Honduras to pick up Ivan.  So exciting!!

4 comments:

  1. photoshop terrifies me! i don't use it myself, but i've seen what can be done with it, and it is overwhelming! i use picasa... its a lot simpler. you can't do as much with it, but i find its limitations kind of... soothing, LOL.

    excited to see what you create in photoshop, though! who knows, you might inspire me in that direction as well :)

    ps - you're not a bad friend to your nun-friend. you're just busy, and i'm sure she understands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you could teach me photoshop! I love doing digital scrapbooking with the million pictures I have of my little girl, and photoshop would make my life much easier, but it's very intimidating.
    Love the blog, and now the wedding one too. Keep it up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me clarify here - I'm not using the professional version of Photoshop (Photoshop CS4), I'm using Photoshop Elements 8. It's not quite as impossible to use as the professional version, but it can still do a ton. I am super excited about it though - too bad my photography skills are so low, but maybe no one will notice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Kattrina!!! I hope 2010 brings you everything you hope for.

    Wow, Photoshop!! What a great pressie :)

    Saskia xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....