Friday, January 1

Day 45 of Happiness: Resolutions for a Happy Year



I wrote some goals for 2010 for Novelista Barista's blog (2010 Resolutions-Kattrina) a couple of weeks ago.  But, I thought that it was worth it to post some of the really important ones here.  I don't usually like to post too many resolutions because I like to try and just change throughout the year - rather than save up a bunch of changes and then have to implement them all at once.  However, some things I've just been waiting to put into effect - so here they are:


1.  My most important resolution this year will be to write more letters.  I feel sorry for the Post Office and their struggles.  I LOVE getting letters in the mail.  Who doesn't?  Plus, I can write a bunch of letters on the bus so I really have no excuse.  The last time I wrote a significant amount of letters was during Peace Corps and that's because I didn't have a computer - or electricity all the time.  However, my friend Melanie and I have started writing more letters and have stopped writing emails.  So, I'm gonna start doing this with my other friends.  We'll see how it goes.  But, to help myself out, I already bought some new note cards.

2. Use cash more often.  This is really a reflection of my really bad check balancing skills.  I do stupid things like transfer money to my savings account and then two days later overdraft my checking account.  Yeah, stupid.  So, the more cash I use, the less I'll do this.  I hope.




3. Embrace all the changes going on in my life.  As I learned Spencer Johnson's Who Moved My Cheese (an amazing book if you haven't read it), "If you do not change, you can become extinct."  I am too young to become extinct.  Plus, I don't want to.  I have a lot of changes ahead of me that I am soooo excited about - my fiance moving here, getting married, starting pre-reqs for nursing school (hopefully), learning to share everything (decisions, money, car, etc.), but at times I know I may be resistant.  I'll then remember that I don't want to become extinct.  Change is good and it invigorates me.  I am feeling invigorated, excited, and all those other feelings that come along with life changes such as these.  I am not feeling excited and invigorated about my increasing credit card debt though....  That is a change I AM NOT embracing.

For the rest of my resolutions, feel free to visit my posting on Novelista's blog!  She has a great blog, so feel free to read around.  She was also my scarft buddy.

2 comments:

  1. It's so good to see someone actually write down their New Year's Resolutions in print!

    Oh and I love that book too - Who Moved My Cheese! Change is definitely good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new year to you too! you certainly have a lot to be excited about in 2010, i'm super jazzed for you!

    i always find it surprising when people say they don't remember their dreams. my boyfriend says the same thing... i remember my dreams almost every night, and they get pretty wild sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....