Monday, January 18

Day 51 of Happiness: I went to Honduras, I had a great time, and I got Ivan



Yup, I'm FINALLY back.  I know, I've been such a slacker.  It's just been such a whirlwind of adventure that I barely had time to breathe, let alone write.  And, to tell you the truth, now with Ivan here it's hard to find the time.  We'll adjust though, and it'll be easier for me to do things and not have to entertain him all the time.  But for now, he's still a bit of a guest.

Anyway,
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS,
SUPPORT,
AND PATIENCE!!

And now, I'm gonna divide this very large adventure into a few small, managable ones.
So, Day 51 is all about my trip to Honduras.

Since I try not to complain on this blog, no one here knows about some of my Honduran pet-peeves.  I'm not going to go into them either, but I am gonna say, that before I head over there I think about all these things that annoy me - but when I get there I realize that I
LOVE IT.

I flew into San Pedro Sula this time, because it was cheaper.  This is about 9 hours from Yusguare, where Ivan and all my friends live.  However, my friends were so happy that I was coming that they decided to come up to San Pedro to visit.  They have a sister who lives up there, so they stayed with her.

This is a HUGE deal because it's expensive and long and one of my friends had to take off work and her son took off of school.  I felt so loved.

So, not only did they come visit, they brought me a TON of gifts.  Yup - these are people who hardly have anything yet they bought me lots of stuff.  And, went around the town asking people if they wanted to send me anything.  This meant that I got not only gifts and notes from my closest friends, but also from other townspeople.  It was sooooo sweet.  Here's a photo of all the gifts I brought home:



So, while picking up Ivan, I got to hang out with my friends, cook Honduran enchiladas, and fun stuff like that.  It was so nice.  I love Honduras and it's truly my second home and they are really my second family.  Ivan even had a great time (and usually he's intimidated by them).  It was wonderful.
Plus, of course, I was excited that this time when I left, I was taking Ivan with me.
What a great feeling.

It was sad leaving them though, after such a short time.  And, it was sad for Ivan, leaving his home, country, friends, and family (and everything familiar in his life).

Here are some photos of the trip (that VERY pink shirt was a gift - it's not my style but I wore it anyway):


{Ivan and me with my Honduran family}


{my Honduran sister, Albita}


{my other Honduran sister, her son, and nephew}


{Albita and me in the kitchen, cooking}


{Esmelyn and me making enchiladas in her house -
she's got a bit of money so her house is pretty nice}


STAY TUNED FOR MORE
FUN ADVENTURES!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay - you're back! And you look so glowy in all of the pictures. I predict the next month or so will be an adventure with Ivan getting settled into his American life! Have fun Kattrina! And welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blogs are always so interesting :]

    by the way, your blog was featured on mine ! check it out!

    http://theriseofanovelist.blogspot.com/2010/01/exhausted-synonyms-worn-out-dreary-dead.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds amazing Kattrina! And I think the pink top is so sweet!

    xx

    ps: thanks for the book info - that's not embarrassing at all!! I'm going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....