Saturday, February 6

Day 58 of Happiness: It's a Snow-a-pa-looza!!

{the window filled with snow}

{our front yard - my buried car all the way in the back of the photo}

{our backyard, under the deck}

{the back yard from the top of the deck, looking onto the golf course}

We are getting SOOOOO much snow it's unbelievable.  The is the most snow I've seen since I lived in Japan.  We're at 26 inches and counting, because yes, it's STILL SNOWING.  It's been snowing since yesterday.  I can't even see my car.  Poor Ivan is out there shoveling - let me tell you how happy I am that he's here.  He is GREAT to have around to help out with fun things like shoveling snow.  He's way stronger than me so he shovels so much faster than I do.  He's a shoveling machine.

Aside from the snow, which has just made me so happy and peaceful, I also got to see one of my best friends from high school.  Last July she moved to Germany and I haven't seen her since...but she came for a quick visit and in between snow falls we squeezed in a coffee at Borders.  She finally got to meet Ivan, which was exciting.  Her life is very similar to his - she lives in Germany, doesn't speak German, hasn't found a job, takes German classes, etc.  Just like him.  Of course, she doesn't speak Spanish either so it was a bit difficult to share too many experiences, but still, it was nice.

{here we are in Borders}

{finally, a photo of Ivan and me in America!}

Seeing as I'm trapped in my house, it seems like a great time for me to get my taxes done. 
Goodbye blog.  Hello H&R Block.

**And a big welcome to my two newest followers: just putting it out there and Meghan! Thanks so much!**

2 comments:

  1. well we got snow this weekend but not nearly as much as you! hope you enjoy it:) that reminds me, i have to do my taxes very soon. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 26 inches?? That's crazy!! If we got that much snow here in Scotland it would be declared a national state of emergency!! Looks so pretty though. xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....