Thursday, February 11

Day 60 of Snow - Oops, I mean Happiness!

{our second round of snow beginning....}


{more snow???  are you kidding me!!!}

Happiness.  Snow.  Maybe they are the same thing these days.  I have ANOTHER day off work today.  I mean seriously, when was the last time the federal government was closed for five days???  Maybe it's because we got 55 inches of snow!!!  That's total, not in one fall.  It's crazy but fun.  It's been so great being home all this time, spending time with everyone, cuddling up, drinking lots and lots of coffee.  Fun stuff.  So what kinds of things have been going on here in this house??  Shoveling and cooking, of course!!!



Ivan has made it is goal in life to shovel and shovel and shovel and shovel.
I think he is determined to NOT let the snow get the best of him.
So, even in the middle of the blizzard, he was out there shoveling.
Just in case I had to go to work.
Or my sister had to go to work.
I felt bad for him, but he seemed happy to be helping out.



So what did I do?  I made my sister's birthday cake!
Yup, my sister's birthday was yesterday - in the middle of the blizzard.

We didn't have a cake mix so I had to make it from scratch. 
It was my first "from scratch" cake.  I had to borrow
sugar and eggs from the neighbors.
And I didn't have cake flour, so the cake was a tad bit dense.



But I think it turned out ok.

Happy Thursday!!!

4 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of your snow days!!! It's all I want these days - just one day off:)

    And the cake looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I get tired of the snow, I seem to be reminded of places that have it worse than me. Its all over the news here in Denmark that DC has been hit really bad by the snow. On a morning TV show they thought Vancouver was i a worse mess though, since they had no snow and the olympics coming up...
    What a beautiful cake, you seem to be able to enjoy your days off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually beginning to feel a tad bit guilty about the amount of snow days I've had. I will have a TON of work to do when I actually make it into the office. It's been fun though - I still love snow. It makes winter so much more worth it. All this snow has helped me get to know my neighbors better - that's always a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cake! Sounds like you and your sweetie are making the best of the snow days. : )
    Enjoy ... did I tell you I was jealous of the snow you were having? Did I??
    Ivan is being plunged head on into winter and I hope he enjoys it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....