{carnival in venice - which reminds me of when i lived in italy - i love you Brindisi!}
Yesterday was the first day of Lent. It took me all day to decide what my Lenten goals should be. I like to have Lenten goals rather than to actual give things up. My nun friend said it's more about thinking about God and your life than just giving random stuff up. So God, here's thinking about you:
- Drink at least 2 cups of tea a day.
- No milk chocolate (this does not count hot cocoa because that starts as dark chocolate before I add milk) or french fries.
- No buying books.
- Walk at least once a day.
So, that's what I'm trying to accomplish and each of those things will make a better spiritual person. Which will make me a happier person. For some reason I love Lent and it always makes me happy to come up with some meaningful Lenten goals.
What else do I love besides Lent? The library. I have officially reconnected with my long lost love of the library. What a wonderful place it is. Now that I go there all the time to volunteer, I can check out books all the time (and return them relatively close to the return date - a huge problem I had in the past which caused me to be a delinquent of the library and owe more than $30 in late fees). And yesterday, I checked out a MOVIE. And all of this for free??? Wow, what a thought. And what makes me happier - the library is ALWAYS packed. I had no idea anyone went there anymore. Amazing. Library, I love you. Ivan, don't worry, I love you more.
Life's little pleasures....
PS. Welcome follower #33 ShabbyChicDiva! Thanks so much for following me! You are a spot of happiness.





Kattrina, good for you for rediscovering the library. The library is one of my favourite places ... the white noise, the smell of the books, the reverent librarians behing the desk. I used to actually "play" library when I was a kid -- book repair kit and all. Libraries are sanctuaries and I think it it great that you are volunteering and keeping the tradition alive. Bravo!
ReplyDeleteHey fellow running chick
ReplyDeleteI found your blog while cruising around looking for Honduras blog friends! My husband and I are moving back to Honduras while I wait to get accepted into nursing school. We live in Costa Rica now and I just did the Tamarindo marathon, which I would never recommend to anyone because of the heat, traffic and unmarked road. Anyways I like your blog :)