Monday, February 8

Day 59 of Happiness: A Surprisingly Long Weekend

{this is my front yard - that's my car across the street -
it took ivan and the neighbor over an hour to plow it out!}

I am happy to say that this snow has allowed me many days of Ivan-time.  It has almost made up for the long weekends I spent in Oregon.  I say almost because since we've had SOOO much snow we haven't actually been able to do anything.  We've pretty much been stuck in the house.  Oh, wait, Ivan has been stuck outside shoveling the driveway, my car, the way to my car, and the neighbors car.  He's pretty sore.  I think he can't move.  He moaned all night long (I must say that I think some of it was fake though, not all, but some). 

So, some snowy spots of happiness:

* The Feds are closed = no work for me!!!
* Lots of cooking and baking!
* Beautiful snow-scapes!
* Ivan shaved ALL his hair off (yeah, I'm still debating whether this is a spot or a stain but it's on here nonethe less)
* Got my taxes done and am getting enough money back to pay for Ivan's Adjustment of Status fee
* Have almost finished my wedding invitations
* Have spent many hours with my adorable niece
* Am enjoying numerous cups of coffee
* Cleaned the bathrooms, vacuumed, washed my sheets, and washed some clothes (maybe the actual doing of this isn't a spot, but being done with these chores is definitely a spot)


I think that's good.  Life is good these days so it's kinda easy to think of spots of happiness.  Not that everything is perfect, but the smiles are outweighing the frowns 2:1.  Good stuff.

And some more welcomes are in order.... Welcome to my humble blog Juliana and Georgia!  Thanks so much for following me.

2 comments:

  1. Kattrina I am so jealous! We haven't had any darn snow - and certainly not a single snow day!! I love those quiet days when there is no agenda ... and you get all of those overdue chores done. How cool is that for Ivan to get initiated into the nothern winter in such a drastic way. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, all that snow!! It's even more than we received in January!! I remember the epic-ness (and coldness!!) of making just one small journey somewhere!!

    Hope you stay warm and dry. Saskia xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....