I love Valentine's Day. It's just a fact.
I love that there is a day to celebrate all the people you love and to tell them thank you,
for loving you.
In reality,
I should be one of those people who hate Valentine's Day.
Since, I've only had a "special someone" to celebrate Valentine's Day with, once.
But every year it comes around, and every year I love it.
I think it hit me in Honduras the most, because there it's called
El Dia del Amor y Amistad
{Day of Love and Friendship}
It wasn't about a boy or a girl,
it was about everyone.
And everyone bought flowers for everyone.
Not expensive roses.
A little, tiny fake rose.
But it was still beautiful - to receive so many roses.
And to have so many people stop by my house and give me a little rose.
So, today, even when I'm with my boy.
I'm still thinking about all my family and friends.
Becasue I love them too, and I'm thankful for them.
Without them, I'd be nothing, right.
What would my world mean without everyone I love??
Because...
"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more; that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds." {from the The Notebook}
and that's true of any kind of love - love for my fiance, for my sister, for my parents, for my dog, for my bestest friends.

"I’ve kissed a guy... I’ve kissed guys. I just haven’t felt that thing.... That thing... that moment when you kiss someone and everything around you becomes hazy, and the only thing in focus is you and this person. And you realize that that person is the only person you’re supposed to kiss for the rest of your life. And for one moment you get this amazing gift. And you wanna laugh and you wanna cry, ‘cause you feel so lucky that you’ve found it, and so scared that it’ll go away all at the same time."
{Drew Barrymore; from the movie "Never Been Kissed"}




Such a beautiful post! Valentine's Day is so much more than significant others and flowers! It's about family and friends, too:)
ReplyDeleteI always think of valentines as being a couple's thing, but I think the Honduran way - encompassing friends and family is much sweeter, and more meaningful.
ReplyDeletexx
ps: Lily hasn't spilled any family secrets yet, but she's probably storing them up for later! For now she's just keen to tell everyone that she's a good girl!!
how cute! Ilove the little cartoon and the NBK quote :)
ReplyDelete