Mondays are not always the happiest days of the week, unless they are a holiday. Then Mondays are great. Today isn't a holiday though. Mondays don't seem quite so depressing when it's winter and dark and cold outside. But when the weather is PERFECT and the sun is shining and you're stuck in an office with no windows for over eight hours - Mondays seem a little less happy than Friday.
Enter summer interns. I had ran out of the house without my oatmeal this morning, so the only thing I had was craisins and crushed walnuts. Not the breakfast of champions. However, one of our interns just so happened to come to work with a bunch of apple turnovers or apple pastries or apple somethings. Yum-a-licious. I ate one. And it made me so happy. I would never actually buy myself an apple pastry - but boy do I scarf them down when they are free.
So, thank you intern and apple yumminess - you made me smile. Food always makes me smile. Oh, the cupcake my sister bought me that I just consumed made me smile too. Well, at least the first 3/4ths of it - the last 1/4th made me feel a bit ill and sugared out. Yes, it happens to the best of us.
Hope your Monday was filled with your own kind of apple pastries and cupcakes!




Now you have discovered the secret to a fabulous, delicous Monday! I love anything with apples in it so I don't think I would have been able to resist. Hope the rest of the week is as yummy!
ReplyDeleteMmmm yummy, sounds good to me!
ReplyDeleteFood always makes me smile too, especially at work ! It's the little things there, like going out for a nice lunch, that make all the difference.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a good week K.
Love S x
Awesome! Kind of like taking lemons and making lemonade:) What a wonderful way to get through the Mondays.
ReplyDelete