What a week this has been!
Monday - went to work like normal. Ok, nothing grand here. Just a normal day.
Tuesday - had a doctor's appointment in the morning and hubs and I had dentist appointments in the evening. Hmm, every time I go to the docs I am appalled by how doctor's offices treat patients. I mean, is a little customer service too much to ask? I went for a simple physical - since my insurance pays for one physical a year and since I'm in the business of disease PREVENTION, I should do preventative things. Well, no matter where I go (a free clinic in the middle of Baltimore or an expensive private office in the middle of upper-class suburbia), the treatment is the same. I always find myself sitting on the exam table, naked except for a hideously uncomfortable and ugle plastic-like gown for OVER 40 minutes. I mean, is it a form of torture? Do you think it's nice to make patients sit and sit and sit waiting and waiting? It's actually not fun at all. I was even smart enough to bring some reading material but between the ugly gown and the fact that I could hear the entire exam of the patient in the office next to me - I couldn't concentrate. THEN, I get sent for some labs, just routine cholesterol testing, and have to wait TWO hours at the lab for a five minute procedure. I could have figured out how to draw my own blood by then! Ok - so I actually find this entire ordeal quite hilarious in retrospect. It happens so often that it's humerous. My sister and I joke about times we've fallen asleep on the exam table waiting for the doctor to arrive. And some guy was SNORING in the lab because he had to wait so long. So not the most ideal spot of happiness - but still, it was so bad it was funny!
Wednesday - HIV Epidemiology Update class. Maybe that doens't sound so exciting but I actually enjoy getting some new HIV data and getting a new perspective. Plus, it was an opportunity to not go to the office. Which is nice. And biggest spot of happiness - NO TRAFFIC!!! I know - is that not the best thing in the world!!! I didn't have to slow down once! Totally made my day.
Now, for the best news:
ROAD TRIP!!!
Yup, hubs and I are heading up to Vermont. We CANNOT wait!! It's a 9-hour plus drive but it is sooooooo fun (minus the fact that hubs made me download entire Air Supply soundtracks to listen to the ENTIRE drive). And I can't wait to see my parents. Yeah!!! Plus it's hubs's first 4th of July. And let's face it, I LOVE 4TH OF JULY!!!!
So, I probably won't be around until next week. Don't miss me too much! What are your 4th of July plans? Anything fun? Singing "America the Beautiful" around the campfire?





I couldn't agree more about doctors offices. I hate sitting there, freezing cold, FOREVER while I wait for the exam. Argh!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful 4th weekend in Vermont!
Good thing you can laugh at the whole waiting thing at the doctors, I guess there is nothing else to do about it.
ReplyDeleteI've been lucky enough to celebrate the 4th of July twice in the USA, first time in Ocean City MD and the second time in New York City, and both times were amazing, will be thinking of you.