Wednesday, July 7

Day 105 of Happiness: Celebrating the 4th in Vermont

I would just like to point out that it's my 105th day of happiness and today it was about 105 degrees out.  Pretty hot.  And sticky.  And code red gross.  But actually, I love the heat.  It's like a cloak of warmth when I walk outside.  And beautiful sunshine with clear skies.  And it's so weird to take a walk outside and not see anyone - everyone's inside with the air conditioner.

But, back to my trip to Vermont - where it was nice and cool, which was a great relief too. 

Hubs and I had a FANTASTIC time!!  Here's a pic recap:


On the 10 hour drive up to Vermont - nice day, very little traffic.  Excuse the crooked picture - I was trying and taking photos.  Hubs was totally against this so I had to wait until he fell asleep before I starting snapping shops.  The drive is just so beautiful I coulnd't help myself.


And then as we're driving through the Adirondacks, the day gets gloomy,
like always for some reason.


Here's hubs and me in front of the Ticonderoga - funny since I posted the photo of this boat on my last blog before I left and then we endedx up actually seeing it.  This boat used to go north/south on Champlain Lake but now it's grounded at the Shelbourne Museum.  This was a good thing since hubs HATES boats that are on water!


This is what we'd look like if we had gone to school a long time ago - except that we would have had to sit on different sides of the school house.  And our clothes would be different.  I love the type of museums that have things like this.  There was also a 1950s style house which I thought was the coolest thing ever.  Oh, and I FINALLY got to see an Ansel Adams exhibit - I love his artwork and was soooo happy to finally see it someone besides a book (or in my bedroom since I have a framed photo of his)!!


Here we are visiting the cows.  Hubs and I love cows, him more than me, so I took him to this farm where you could see the cows being milked (my machines, not by hand like hubs did in Honduras).  After this hubs was pretty much ready to stay in Vermont working at a dairy and sending me money.  If he had to make a decision between me and cows, he might pick cows!  This is actually the calf room - where the calfs hang out before the start milking.  There were soooo cute.


We went to the dairy with my mom.  Here is hubs and my mom - isn't it so beautiful there.  I could look at the mountains and trees forever.



Hubs couldn't wait to ride in the mule with my dad.  He loves this thing - and so does my dad.  On the day we were leaving my day took it out and let hubs drive the mule all by himself.  Oh, except for Mishka - my parents' doggie.  Isn't she the CUTEST thing ever.  Hubs kept threatening to steal her - he even put her in our car.  But my parents won't give her up so she stayed in Vermont.


Here we are in my parents' front yard about to get into my car for our LONG car drive home.  Everyone and their mother decided to head home on Monday and it took us over 12 hours.  Forgive me for my not-so-cute clothes - this was a car trip, I wanted to be comfy!


We had such a great time on the trip.  Hubs hung out with my dad, I spent lots of time on the screened in porch catching up with my mom, we BBQ-ed for the 4th, hubs got to see fireworks for the first time and celebrate our Independence Day.  Hubs got to go eat with the "boys" in Canada (boys = my dad and his Saturday breakfast group) and we even ate breakfast at the diner my parents eat at every other Sunday.

Even the car ride was fun - hubs and I singing "Here I am, the one that you love, asking for another day...."  (Air Supply, if you didn't know).  Not my fav music choice but it was funny to hear us - me with my atrocious voice and hubs with his suuuuuuuuuper thick accented English, both singing Air Supply at the top of our lungs.  I also was running low on oil and so my oil indicator light came on and freaked me out.  My dad assured me that I wasn't going to run out of oil though - and I didn't.

Yeah for entire weekends full to the brim with spots of happiness!!!
And now, back to reality.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds fun!!! Love the pics! and the thought of your hubs singing with you :) When Jeo started getting his English down better he told me what he had thought some of the songs were saying, and it was pretty hilarious jajaja We still joke about them to this day!
    By the way I messaged you the other day because I was SO excited about my school stuff lol and because I linked two and two together (your work in Honduras and with HIV) and found that you were a PH graduate!!!! yayyy :)
    Wanted to know if you received the message, because I had actually messaged you before when you had asked me about nursing school and I wasn't sure if you received that one either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 105 degrees??? WOW!

    I love your pics of Vermont! I've always wanted to visit. I love that school house pic, too - as a teacher, I can definitely appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I am so glad I asked you if you had gotten my emails :) I sent you two through your profile page because it gave the option to email you there. Maybe they went to your spam?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....