{Grandma Moses, The Thunderstorm, 1948}
Wowzers did we get a storm last night! So much so that the downed trees and broken traffic lights made my normal 1.5 hour commute to work turn into a 2.5 hour commute to work. Thank you storm, I was definitetly hoping to spend an extra hour in the bus this morning.
However, as we drove through storm central I was pretty thankful that we didn't get anything that bad where I live. I didn't see any downed trees in my neighborhood so the storm must have hit a bit south of us. We got wind, rain, thunder, and lightening, but nothing too terrifying. And we had power the entire time. So, that's a round-about spot of happiness.
Hubs and I had grand ideas of heading to the gym for the first time tonight after work. Until I was reminded that he had a dentist appointment. Yuck-a-roo. But I must say, I have a pretty brave hubby - kinda. He's so scared of the shots they give you at the dentist that he chose to have his three cavaties filled without novocaine. What a crazy boy! I don't know why this is a spot of happiness, but when the dentist said she was impressed with his pain tolerance because his one cavity was pretty deep, it made me proud. I have a special husband! However, in my opinion, the fear of the pain of the cavity is WAY worse than the pain of the needle. But he felt pretty great afterwards because he wasn't numb at all. I think I'll still get novocaine the next time myself.
Any my last simple spot of happiness? I've been cooking so much these past few days and with only hubs and me to eat anything (sis is on vacation), we have a ton of food left over. That means leftovers tonight. More comfort meatballs please! And another glass of wine!
Hope your Monday was magnificent
and
your Tuesday turns into something terrific!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments make me smile....