I've been doing rain dances for weeks and it finaly worked - the rain has arrived! Along with fabulous summer storms. It's been so hot and dry here lately and I am super happy to see the rain and a smidgen cooler temperature. Too be honest, it's so humid that you can't really tell it's much cooler, but the thermometer on my car insists that it's a good ten degrees cooler. On rainy days during the summer I love to sit inside and cuddle with a book. It's so much nicer than rainy cold days in February for some reason. Of course these rainy days have all been work days so I've just sat in my windowless office without any real knowledge of the weather outside, so there hasn't been much book cuddling. But there have been some good runs in the rain, which I LOVE. Rain - you are a definite spot of happiness in my life right now.
Another spot, the new book I'm reading. It's not the most intellectual book (ok - it's a trashy romance novel), but I've been reading intellectual books for a while and now that I'm reading a trashy romance novel the bus ride seems to go SO much faster (fyi - by intellectual books I'm not talking about War and Peace or anything, just more fiction type books). I'm not sure what my little romance addiction is all about - I hadn't read a romance novel in years until my sister became addicted to them. Now they are lying around the house all over the place and when I run out of library books I can't help to pick them up and start reading them. Previously I had only read them at night, before going to bed. However, I finished my last bus book The Lakeshore Limited by Sue Miller (excellent book, albeit a tad bit depressing maybe) and didn't have a chance to get another one. Sooooooooo, I decided to just take this romance novel on the bus with me and it's been great. A little break from life. Of course I'm trying to hide the book so that no one on the bus knows what I'm reading, but sometimes I wish the ride would take a bit longer so I could read just a little more....
Are you reading any good books?




I agree! Rainy summer days are so much better! :]
ReplyDeleteWe got a lot off rain, thunder and lightning on Monday, and I loved it.
ReplyDeleteIf you need a good book to read, I just read "And God Created The Au Pair", it's not intellectual at all, but it's quite fun, and times just flies by when reading a great book.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with reading some trashy romance every now and again. I would highly recommend books by Teresa Medeiros because they are not just good romance they are pretty and historical. At the moment, I've been talked into reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo... and I actually really like it!
ReplyDeleteIt's definitely a little cloudy here in Chicago and I was actually hoping this AM that it would turn to rain!
ReplyDeleteRight now I am reading "World Without End" - a super long but awesome book about love and life in medieval England!
Kattrina - I've missed so much since I've been away! Glad you got home to visit the folks and yes, I think Vermont is gorgeous. It seems as though life is really good for you and hubs right now. I hope you enjoy your summer and that the running gets easier. : )
ReplyDeleteSounds just lovely! We started rainy season in Costa Rica and everything is turning green. Not to mention running in the rain is better than running in the heat, unless you get really bad chub rub lol I have been reading trashy romance novels as well jajaja After reading text books I try to find a book that requires little to none concentration! Since I am at my fams house I have been reading my sisters novels. She is only sixteen so, I just read the Sisterhood of the traveling pants series! Such a cute fun read!!!
ReplyDelete