Wednesday, July 28

Day 115 of Happiness: Look at yourself and laugh

Now revealing this spot of happiness is going to give you a glimpse into my life that you may not want to see.  I hope you don't lose all respect for me.  It's possible that you will though.  I'll take my chances.

There I am walking down the street, on my way to the bus stop.  I admit, I am not the most stylish person on the planet.  I know what's stylish and I can pick out stylish clothes, I just can't afford them.  So, what happens is I have some nice clothes and then some really ugly clothes.  Honestly, it doesn't relly matter too much because no one is a syle-guru at my office (sorry office people who may be reading, you're stylish but just not a style-guru) and I never see anyone else.  I don't particularly care about the bus people, because they are hardly stylish.  Actually, DC isn't really very stylish as a city.  There is really not much inspiration to spend a lot of money on clothes and fashion.  Sometimes I get an inkling, but then I see something else, like food, and spend my money on that instead.

Well, back to walking down the street.  All of a sudden I feel something sharp poking me in my foot.  What could this be?  Oh, it's probably my pathetic excuse for a shoe.  Take a look at these suckers (I'm actually SUPER embarrased to show these to you):


Are these things hideous or what!!!???  To save myself a tad bit of respect, they are Steve Maddens.  On the otherhand, I think they are classified as LOAFERS.  Just the sound of that word makes me shudder.  I'd like to blame the ugly appearance of these shoes on the lighting and my bad photography skills - but that would be a lie.  Yes, I do have bad photography skills, but my shoes really look like that.

Anyway, back to the story.  These shoes were on their last leg months ago.  Years ago actually.  Maybe if I got them polished they'd look a tad bit better.  But, there is something you can't see - the bottom of the shoe.  The heel of the shoe is collapsing - there a a big hole and you can see the empty, hollow of my heel.  Every once in a while a rock gets trapped in there and my shoes kinda jingle.  It's not as nice as it sounds.

Annnnnnnnnd back to my spot of happiness.  Well, because of the bad shape of my shoes I just figured that whatever was poking me was a result of these bad shoes.

So, I keep walking and get on the bus.  Now's the perfect time to remove said poking device from my shoe.  So, I take my shoe off and reach in there and what do I find???

A paperclip!!

Where did this come from?  Then I remember - my pants!!  In addition to my sad shoes, I also have sad pants.  For some reason, no matter how much money I spend on work pants, the hem ALWAYS falls out.  I know that I could go somewhere and get them tailored or soemthing.  But I'm too lazy/cheap.  So what do I do instead?

I paperclip the hem. 


So today I head to work in those ugly looking shoes and my gray workpants with paperclips holding up the hem.  I guess as I was walking to the bus a paperclip fell from my pants into my shoe.

For some reason, I found this HILARIOUS.  I couldn't help but laugh out loud at how ludicrous this entire situation was - thinking the poking was due to my old-as-dirt shoes when in reality it was from my fallen-out-hem pants.  What a fashion nightmare I am.


So I chuckled to myself, glad that I can laugh at myself...
...because it's very possible everyone else is laughing at me!

3 comments:

  1. That was the saddest post ever! Remind me to write you a check next time I see you. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, you are way too cute! Love that you always turn everything into something positive:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, i paperclip my pants hems too because i'm short and i'm too lazy to hem my pants to the correct length, LOL! the paperclips always fall out and inevitably my pants hems get dragged through a puddle and i always look like a frazzled mess by the time i get anywhere.

    thanks for sharing this, now i don't feel so bad about myself!

    i am not laughing at you... i am laughing with you :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....