Today I FINALLY ran my 2 mile route without stopping. Yeah - sounds a bit pathetic to be excited about a measely two miles. Last year at this time I was training for a half marathon and was up to 10 miles on the weekends. How quickly things change. It didn't help that my first real effort to run consistantly since January happened to be a week of record hot temps. It's a bit hard to get into the running thing when it's 105 degrees and you are wondering weather it's possible to turn into bacon while running. However, today was nice and cool (76 degrees) and although it was MEGA humid, it was also raining (can it be humid and raining at the same time?) so it made it a bit easier. No matter the conditions, I was happy to achieve this one small milestone.
My second spot of happiness is this beautiful little rose:
My sister bought me a minature rose plant for my birthday and I was determined not to kill it. I have a history of being a plant killer. Not because I want to be, just because I forget to water things, a lot. I was getting a bit worried about this little rose plant because it seriously needed to be re-potted but I had no pots. By the time I bought one I thought maybe my little rose plant wouldn't make it. It was also VERY dry because I had gone on vacation and so no one had watered it. So, I re-potted it, gave it some encouraging words, and devoted my mornings to clipping the dead leaves/branches and watering it. Today I was blessed with this beautiful yellow rose. The first one since it arrived (it arrived in a box and had a bunch of roses on it - cuz who wants to get a rose plant with no roses). I was so happy! And, to make it even better, there's a few more buds just about to sprout open. I'm not a plant killer!!! That is a big spot of happiness!
I hope your week started with many spots of happiness too - even if it was a Monday!




Your rose is absolutely beautiful. And yes it can definitely be humid and raining at the same time!
ReplyDeleteThe rose is so gorgeous! And congrats on your run - it can be hard to build back up. I know my running is definitely a roller coaster ride! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThat's a beautiful yellow!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the run! It's super hard looking back at what you ran before and comparing it your training now. I'm the exact same way. I just started running again, and was often disappointed with my times, paces, etc... it can be quite frustrating. BUT, DON'T GIVE UP! Just remember WHY you run! You can do it! :] Keep running, girl!