Thursday, July 29

Day 116 of Happiness: Smoothies for breakfast

Yummy breakfast = smoothies.


{google}

Hubs and I have been making smoothies galore around here.  I've been getting up a tad bit earlier (yup, a tad bit earlier than 4:55am!) in order to make something for breakfast instead of eating my normal cereal and microwave-able oatmeal every day.  Since there is no one to wake up in the morning, I blend away.

The first morning I made a blackberry-strawberry smoothie with greek yogurt.  It was quite tasty but I did spend a significant amount of time picking blackberries out of my teeth at work!

Today I had a strawberry-banana smoothie with milk because I was out of sugar.

Last night hubs made me choco-banana smoothie for dessert.

As you can tell we are becoming smoothie royalty and loving it.  On a hot, hot, humid, hot day of summer, a smoothie is all you need to make a spot of happiness.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! We love smoothies! I bought a really cool blender from Pricesmart in Honduras. The motor blew the second time we used it. The funny thing was that the guy said they automatically switch off with any electrical currents. You know how Honduras is with the electrical stuff. I pointed this out to the customer service man, and told him that it's impossible to burn out the motor making spinach smoothies. He agreed and we got out money back lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I love smoothies--especially as a post run treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once tried to make a smoothie and it was a disaster of ice and yogurt. Argh. Perhaps I should try again - because yours sound delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've been making peach smoothies galore! so so good.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....