However, it improved come 7pm. My mom flew in for a short visit from Vermont! I love when my mom visits - the house just seems to settle and relax in her presence.
But, as it's Friday, I will get on with Fill in the Blank Friday. And like every week, if you'd like to participate, head over to the lovely blog the little things we do and link up!
1. Holiday spirit makes me smile. I just love the holidays and I always get in the spirit. Walking to the bus in DC and passing all the offices and stores decorated just puts me in a wonderful mood. I love seeing the lights go up and trees in the window. Such a lovely feeling. My spirit is extra bright this year because it's my first Christmas EVER with my husband. In the past we always spent the holidays apart because he was in Honduras and I was here - so this is not only our FIRST Christmas together as a married couple, it's also our first Christmas together ever in our life.
2. The holidays are incomplete without family and friends, hot chocolate, my mom's Christmas cookies (13 different varieties), a Christmas tree, Christmas cards, CHRISTMAS MUSIC, and a trip to Vermont to visit my parents.
3. My favorite things to do around the holidays are buy presents, listen to Christmas music (ok, I'll stop mentioning it!), watch Christmas shows, hope for snow, and make some cookies.
4. A holiday tradition my family and I have is to watch Santa Clause the Movie while eating snacks on Christmas Eve. Then on Christmas morning the first one up, grabs our filled stockings and runs to the other kids (yes - when it comes to family I still refer to my sisters and myself as "kids") room and we all open our stockings together while my parents get the tree ready. Then we migrate downstairs and open presents together, one present at a time. Then we eat Panettone and cook and watch movies all day. I LOVE Christmas at my parents, even if I did turn 30 this year! As a newlywed Ivan and I have to start our own traditions soon too and I'm really excited about that.
5. Holiday music is the BEST. Enough said - I've talked about Christmas music too much already.
6. This year I'll be spending the holidays in Vermont. Hubs and I leave on Christmas Eve for the long drive up to Vermont and we'll be there through New Year's Day. I can't wait!
7. Holiday wish list: 1) Books 2) Cardigans 3) Digital camera to replace my broken one 4) Boots 5) Winter coat 6) SEW: Sew Everything Workshop 7) Cake Pops book 8) Anything else!
Happy Holidays!!!




great answers! i'm your newest follower from fill in the blank friday!
ReplyDeletei'd love for you to stop by my blog and follow back!
http://diaryofadevildogwife.blogspot.com
great answers!
ReplyDeleteThat is so fantastic that your mom came in for a visit! I hope you enjoyed your weekend, my dear!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!!! That's exciting you guys get to celebrate together this year :) Christmas is definitely not the same without your honey bunny no matter how many people are around!
ReplyDelete