Sunday, December 12

Let the Holiday Season Begin

Tis the season of get-togethers and that is what hubs and I seem to be doing.  But it's been a lot of fun so we aren't complaining. 

On Saturday I went over to my friend Jessica's house to write Christmas cards.  What a great idea that was - doing Christmas cards with friends is SO much more fun than doing them alone.  Plus, Jessica and I were best friends back when we both lived in England on a military base and were about 12 years old.  We just happen to have settled down about 20 minutes from each other so it's been great catching up and becoming friends again.

This weekend we've had a ton of parties and activities to do which have been great...albeit quite busy.  However, I remember last year how I was heading to parties solo and wishing Ivan were here to go with me - and now he is.  It's makes the holiday season that much more fun.  Although there are some times when I prefer to go solo - like hanging out with friends, etc. - I'm really enjoying going places with him.  And I feel that in the past year we have made so many new friends and are continuing to build our life together, which is just great.

This weekend we went bowling with our golf friends, then headed to their place to play some Wii and eat dinner, then today we had church and brunch with another golf couple, then in the afternoon we went to our neighbor's house to make a chocolate ganache roulade stuffed with espresso mascarpone cheese (otherwise known as a Yule Log).  It looks just like this:


Wow was it complicated and time consuming, but it sure tastes GREAT.  After we finished the Yule Log we ran home, changed our clothes, and then headed out to a party at one of Ivan's co-workers house.  We shared a ride with some other golf friends who live on the same street as we do.  So, we had a busy, busy weekend but it was all good fun. 

Yeah for the holiday season!

Now it's off to do some work for work-work and then do some studying for my final exam this week and then head to bed.  What sounds the best?  BED!  I'm tired already!

Have a great Monday !

3 comments:

  1. AHH! That yule log looks sooo yummyy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kattrina, you are really packing alot into your holiday season. Good for you! Enjoy your first married Christmas together and show that hubby of yours just how Christmas should be celebrated! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, I could eat yule log all year round! And what an amazing coincidence to end up living so close to your old friend! x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....