The week so wore me out that I now have a scratchy throat. Yeah, depressing thinking about having a scratchy throat so close to the holiday.
So today on the bus, instead of reading (because I have no more nutrition to read so I can read whatever I want!!), I imagined my white blood cells killing off my scratchy throat virus bodies. The entire ride home. Well, until I fell asleep (fighting viruses is tough work!). I just kept imagining and imagining in hopes of feeling better.
I do feel a tad bit better but I can still feel the congestion and achy-ness of a cold coming on, so I think I have some more imaginary fighting to do before I go to bed.
Oh, boogers - I will be so mad if I get sick and have to drive all the way up to Vermont with a cold. Completely unfun.
Here are some spots from the last few days - I wasn't too busy to not appreciate a few spots of happiness:
* finding a restaurant close by that sells yummy baleadas and sopa de mondongo
* finding a nice-looking sweater that I can wear for Christmas and New Year's and not look like a dork
* spending time with my husband
* getting almost all my presents wrapped
* using the beautiful gift tags I bought from Scrapin Sara's Etsy shop
* church and brunch with our golf/church friends
* making yummy peppermint whoopie pies for a work potluck (they didn't look this good though...)
![]() |
| {source} |
* cookies my bus-friend Jackie gave me (they really helped my imaginary fighting)
* Christmas music (of course!)
* post office box filled with Christmas cards for hubby and me!
* getting a belly full of excitement every time I think about going to Vermont
* and many, many more things
Sorry I've been missing in blog - the holidays do that to you!
Merry Christmas Week!!




Kattrina, take good care of that up-and-coming cold and keep visualizing the destruction of the virus! I hope you and Hubs have a magical Christmas with your parents and family. I wonder what gifts and spots of happiness the new year will bring?
ReplyDeleteOh, those peppermint whoopie pies look so festive! What a wonderful way to spread Christmas cheer!
ReplyDeleteWe missed you! I hope Christmas is fun and healthy for you!! :-)
ReplyDelete