Wednesday, December 22

Last Minute Christmas Shopping

{source}
I love Christmas shopping!  This year I am especially excited because I had some really good ideas for people and have been keeping a list of possible presents since something like June.  Not all of my great gift ideas came through - some became unavailable and others turned out to be too expensive, but the ones that did are really great.

I had a few gifts left to buy, mostly for my hubs, and so decided to meet my friend Sarah up at the mall after work to do some shopping.  Nothing is better than shopping with a friend who doesn't mind if you take a crazy route all through the mall that doesn't make any sense at all.  We found most of the stuff we were looking for but went on a wild goose chase for black Nike Shox in size 9.5 for my hubster.  Apparently everyone else had already bought them.  It was crazy.  We went to three shoe stores and none of them had the shoe I needed.  At one store a guy even offered to personally drive to the store close to his house and pick them up but they were out too!  I ended up having to drive all the way over to Dick's to find the shoe but luckily they had it and I was saved from having to buy them online and pay $20 express shipping!  Nike Shox were the only gift my husband specifically asked for and although they were pricey I wanted to make sure he had them - but I didn't think it was going to be so crazy trying to find them! I waited until the last minute because they were so expensive and I thought they would be fairly easy to get at the last minute - apparently I was wrong, but at least I found them in the end!

Only two more days until we head up to Vermont.  Although hubs is a little sad that he's not spending Christmas with his family, I hope he still loves Christmas here with my family.  I know if it were reversed I would be SUPER sad to not spend the holidays with my family and to be without family in a foreign country, but I am really hoping he ends up having a great day.  Christmas is one of my most favorite holidays and although it can be very materialistic at times and many people see it as fake and commercialized - I still feel the spirit of the holiday all around and know that even without all the gifts I would still love it.  I am a bit sad that my little sis isn't coming up to Vermont.  I'll be sad to leave her on Friday morning - boo, I wish we could all be together for the holidays just once.

My mom sent these photos of her house covered in snow - they got five inches last week.  It will probably be all gone by the time we get there but I really hope we get dumped on while I'm there (and that it is all gone by the time we have to drive home!).




What gift are you most excited about giving this year?
I am actually really excited about a lot of mine but can't say anything because some of those people read my blog!

3 comments:

  1. One of my close friends is from Vermont and she was JUST telling me how beautiful it is right now! She says it's like a winter wonderland! :] I'm excited for you to visit Vermont this Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That home looks like Christmas wrapped in goodness.

    Kattrina... I feel like the biggest dodohead in the world :( I hadn't checked my mail in ages and when I finally did I dumped it all on this pile on my bar and didn't look at it forever. Today I finally opened your gift and OH MY GOD! I was so incredibly happy and surprised. It was perfection. Seriously it made my day. I went ahead and put your beautiful and simple card on my fridge collage. Will email you a picture of it now.

    I seriously want to send you a book (I love mailing them to people). Have you ever read, "Are You There Vodka, It's me Chelsea?" If the answer is no, it'll be in the mail for you tomorrow.

    Let me know.
    Love, Annah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mother's home is SO beautiful! I cannot get over how peaceful and serene it looks with all of the snow! I am glad your shopping trip was a success, and I hope you had a marvelous Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....