Tuesday, December 7

A Simple Thank-You

Husby and me with the crazy kiddos!
Yesterday I came home from work to find a note sitting on top of the mail.  The envelope had my name on it written in my sister's handwriting.

I opened the envelope to find a card thanking me for all the help I did while my sister was giving birth and afterwards.  It was so sweet I thought I was going to cry.

Honestly, I think all it takes is a thank-you sometimes.  Most of the time I don't mind helping my sister out - playing with my niece, changing diapers, cleaning up after dinner, etc.  However, I admit, sometimes it's hard.  I get home from work and I'm tired and stressed out (lately work is more stress than fun which = not a spot of happiness) and I just want to lay on the couch and not think about anything.

However, my sister's thank you note meant everything to me and it reminded me how important it is to really stop and thank people for all they do.  I have such amazing friends and family and I would be completely lost without them - so a HUGE thank you to all of them.

And a picture to make you smile:


My parents' adorable doggies: Kuma and Mishka


2 comments:

  1. AWW, this is so true! THANK YOU for leaving the sweetest comments that never fail to brighten my day. That's one of my spots of happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet! I really enjoyed your post and it reminds me that I have a few people that I need to thank!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....