Tuesday, November 3

Day 25 of Happiness: A New Commuter Bus

You know you are a sad soul when the title of your blog has to do with getting a brand new commuter bus. 


 
However, in this traffic-busy time of year I can spend up to four hours on these buses, so a new bus is pretty exciting.  Especially when you note some of the dilapidated states of some of the current commuter buses - no foot rests, hard as rock seats, funny noises emanating from the rear tires, smelly bathrooms, and graffiti written on the side of the bus.  You feel so less cool when you disembark from a bus, in a busy intersection, with graffiti written all over it.  People begin to wonder just where you live and whether they have instituted a "busing" program for work.

So, as you can imagine, when the bus pulled up this morning and it was so new it didn't even have the Dillon's decal on it yet, how excited my bus friends and I were.  Ecstatic actually.  You could hear everyone murmuring as they sat down on the new plush seats, or smelled the "new bus" smell, similar to a new car smell.  The bus driver even made an announcement about how this was a brand new bus and we were the first passengers.  How exciting!!  When was the last time you were the first passenger on ANYTHING, minus your car, maybe??

Wanna know what the coolest new feature on this bus is?  SEAT BELTS!!  Yup, each individual seat had its own seat belt.  I LOVE seat belts and have always felt sad that I cannot buckle up on my ride to work.  Trust me, the way some of these people drive, you would want a seat belt too.  I buckled up in an instant.

It felt like I was being hugged all the way to work - a seat belt hug.

Now for the bad news.  The buses haven't been assigned to the drivers yet - so there is a chance that our driver won't be assigned a new bus.  How sad would that be.  Like a commuter tease.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that our driver gets a new bus - seat belts and all!

5 comments:

  1. hahahah! So glad you guys got a new bus, I would totally be as excited as you are too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you and Paulina on this one - I would be just as excited!! My colleague and I get excited over the most ridiculous things... I think that's what work and commuting do to you (:

    Thank you for your comment. I'm glad you found my blog - yours is wonderful.

    Saskia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, sad to say, today we got the old crapper bus back. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that buses still haven't been assigned....

    ReplyDelete
  4. COOL!!!!!!!!!!!! thats okay ill take whatever color :) :) im still in search but ill def have one by Monday!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....