What can be more fun and more happy than shopping for a wedding dress!!
Not much.
Yesterday I headed out with my lovely sister, and niece, to try on some dresses for my up-coming wedding. I am still kind of in shock that I'm actually getting married, but shopping and spending a fortune kinda cleared me of that. Now I'm gonna be in shock about my credit card bill!
The day was filled with fun and glamour, and a stop for food and Babies 'R Us browsing. All in all it was a perfect day - for dresses, for sisterly love, and for happiness. Here are some photos of dresses I DIDN'T buy.
You will, of course, have to wait until March to see the dress I did buy. :-)
This was the first one I tried on. It was pretty but ended up #3.
And like the woman said, no one buy their #3.
This was quickly voted no.
This was my #2. I almost got it. It was beautiful.
Here's another view, with a veil.
The one I bought was so completely different from this one, or any of the others I tried.
It didn't look like anything I thought I would ever buy.
But when I tried it on, I knew it was the one.
So, I bought it.
I love it.







What an exciting time in your life. You are so much more patient than me... when I was getting married 4 years ago my then fiancee really wanted me to wear something that resembled a wedding dress. I wanted a sand coloured simple frock. But to prove that this wedding was just as important (even more) than my first, I went in search of a simple off white wedding dress (daughter in tow). I lasted three gowns with nice sales ladies admiring my womanly hour glass figure (code for fuller figured). I went home and ordered something off the Internet and had it altered when I received it. I love how you look especially in your last photos. It won't matter anyway - once your day comes and your happiness bubbles over you will be beaming so brightly that that is all people will see.
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness what fun to document this moment on your blog!!!!! Love the pictures, you are gorgeous!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lyn and Paulina! I had such a good time - more fun than I thought. I just kept pulling dresses and trying them on. Then re-trying them on. My sister was super patient though, so that was great. Along with the woman helping me. She never complained about having to take the dresses out and put them back in. I'm so happy with my dress. I had thought I might order a dress online, but I'm glad I changed my mind. Shopping for dresses put me in the wedding mood!
ReplyDeleteYou look absolutely beautiful in dress #2!! You clean up really nicely :) So I can't wait to see you in #1...your ayudante is one lucky man!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! Yay for finding the dress - I had a pretty rough time finding something I liked....& thanks so much for the well wishes.
ReplyDeleteim mailing out ur scarf today!
ReplyDeleteYAY for buying wedding dresses?!
ReplyDeleteHOW EXCITING!!!! I can't wait to see THE dress!! Getting your dress makes the wedding seem very real doesn't it?!
ReplyDeleteSaskia xx
PS I didn't know you lived in the UK... where were you?