Thursday, November 5

Day 26 of Happiness: Doggie Birthdays and Scarves of Love

Happy Birthday Dolce-king!!

It's Dolce's birthday today - he turns 3 years old.  I think when we got Dolce (well, actually my sister, since he's her dog - if we're getting technical) we thought that by 3-years old he'd be much better behaved.  He's still a handful.

  • He will eat anything and everything you've left out.
  • He still chews up light sockets.
  • He sometimes goes crazy and jumps on your giving you bruises on your legs.
  • He is still not 100% house-trained and likes to pee on living room carpets and baby-play mats.
  • You can still not trust him in the basement or upstairs.
  • He will eat food literally right off your plate.
  • He barks WAY more than necessary.
  • He can sit on the sofa and bark at you for a good 10 minutes without stopping. 
  • He is still the ruler of the house.
  • He has not learned to brush and groom himself.
  • He thinks he's entitled to a treat every second of every day.

But...
WE LOVE YOU DOLCE!!!

Here are some cutie pics of him as a pup, and now as a mature 3 year old.


Wasn't he SOOO adorable.  He looked like a seal-pup.




 Actually chewing on a toy rather that a towel or sock...little did we know he would eat this entire thing up.  He can't be trusted with toys - he will actually eat them, plastic, rope, and all.




 Back when we were brave and tried to bath him ourselves.  Now we pay big bucks to have him professionally groomed.  He looks and smell great for a total of three days.  Then he inevitably gets dirty.




Hanging out with my parents' dogs.  Kuma is on the left - that Dolce's birth brother.  They came from the same litter.  That means they are both crazy.  Mishka is in the middle.  She's the angel dog that convinced everyone to get Crazy and Crazier.  Then Dolce (as a grown up) is on the left.  He may look sweet but he's 90 pounds of pure mischief.  

I do love them all though.  

***************************


On another note, I am super happy because I finally found the perfect scarf for my scarf buddy.  Feel free to check out my super-cool scarf buddy at Novelista Barista.  Yeah - it was screaming her name and I couldn't stop thinking about it after I saw it.  So I ordered it and it's on its way.  Yeah!!!
I hope she LOVES it.

4 comments:

  1. what cute pups!!! all of them!!! Love how you talk about how mischievous he is...hehe. Gotta love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly - no matter how mad they make you, ten seconds later you love them again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh your puppies are cutie pies!!! My baby's bday is coming up in less than a week!! Which reminds me I need to go shopping for him. :)


    Thanks so much for your sweet thoughts! They mean a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, he was so cute!!! And he's lovely now... what a gorgeous face - no wonder he gets away with so much (:

    x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....