Sunday, November 1

Day 24 of Happiness: Good Friends, Good Times

I love my friends. 




They are always an unspoken spot of happiness.  And I feel like I am truly lucky to have the great friends that I have - and to still be making friends.  Honestly, I think it's REALLY hard to make friends after you graduate from college.  Pretty impossible actually.  If you're lucky you can make a few friends from work, but even that can be difficult at times.  So, I feel pretty happy that I have friends and that I still occasionally make new friends - unexpectedly.  So, my spots of happiness this weekend are friend-related.  One spot of happiness is related to old friends, and the other to new friends.

As I learned in Girl Scouts:



On Friday night I did my typical activity - high school football game.  However, what made this Friday night activity even better was that my "old" friend Sarah game to enjoy the game with me (along with my sis and Peyton, or course).  After the game we headed out to have a drink, food, and some good conversation.  A quite simple activity - but a spot of happiness all the same.  At times I feel like I'm a married woman with 10 kids or something, for the amount of "going-out" I do.  According to shows like Friends and Sex in the City, this should be the best time of my life - not the time of my life where I sit at home all weekend and watch Overboard twelve times and go to bed at 9:30pm.  So, at times, it's nice to go out and have a drink - even if one glass of wine puts me to bed.  I can't really afford two....

Then, Saturday morning I had another spot of happiness - brunch with my golf gals Debbi and Karin.  Now, these are my "new" friends and I feel very luck to have met them.  They are the other female golf coaches that I work with coaching the "Girls in Golf" classes.  Who knew that they were going to be so cool??  Every once in a while we get together, hang out, and share golf stories and ideas.  It's quite fun.  I tend to do all the talking because I am such a chatterbox, but they don't seem to be too annoyed.  This time it was my turn to host the get together (I love hosting!) so I had everyone over for breakfast.  It was SOOOO much fun!!  I made my version of Huevos Rancheros, brewed some coffee, and Debbi brought apple muffins. So we sat around eating and chatting and talking about next golf season (our current classes end in two weeks and we are off for the winter).  What a fabulous way to start off the day.  I am so happy that I had the opportunity to meet Debbi and Karin.  I guess that's part of the fun of trying new things - meeting new people.  Friends always make me smile.

I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun.
~ Charles R. Swindoll


P.S. Also, today we switch back to standard time - an extra hour of sleep this morning definitely put a smile on my face.

2 comments:

  1. friends, both old and new are honestly the best. i dont know what id do without mine, id be lost and miserable for sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!!!! yay! were scarf buddies!!! I am very excited to find u an awesome scarf!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....