Sunday, November 7

Day 153 of Happiness: Computer Crazy

I am about to pull my hair out due to numerous computer malfunctions today.  But first, let's do a quick weekend recap because my weekend was filled with spots of happiness!

Friday night was another football game and another win - good, good! 

Saturday morning I headed to the gym.  I had wanted to sign up for BodyPump but it was filled so I took Studio Cycling.  The problem with a spinning class is you have control of the bike.  So, although the spinning instructor was telling us to turn the dial up and feel the burn as we ride up (an imaginary) hill, I was secretly during my dial down and riding downhill.  Yeah, not such an effective workout for me.  The only thing that hurts is my booty from those hard bike seats. 

Saturday afternoon hubs and I went bowling with our golf partners.  Yup, you read that right.  We decided to switch it up and head to the bowling alley instead of the golf course.  It was a lot of fun though!  I am the world's worst bowling - I didn't even break 100 and we played three games.  Truth be told my wrist was sore in frame 6 of the first game!  I'm a bowling wimp.  We all had a great time though.  I think our next activity is Wii at their house.

Saturday evening was spent doing Night Golf with our golf girls.  It was our year-end celebration and so we threw a party and played a few holes and did some glow-in-the-dark putting courses.  It was a lot of fun, even if my hands were freezing!

Sunday hubs and I went to church (no more First Tee until April!!) and then to brunch with some friends.  Actually we made brunch - lots of yummy food.  I made crepes with Nutella and bananas, fried plantains, and refried beans.  My friends had sausage, cinnamon rolls, eggs, and fruit salad.  It was lots of fun and we stayed until 1pm!

Sunday afternoon we did a little Christmas shopping for my niece and spent WAY too much money.  I think we kinda forgot the niece-to-be still in my sister's belly.  She'll be out by Christmas - so I guess we should pick her up something!

Sunday evening (until now), I've been doing computer crap.  Work needed their computer back (I know, the nerve of them!!! :-) ) so my aunt sent me her old one.  Except we can't get the internet to work and it has the old Word, not the new one.  Doesn't seem a big deal except I'm taking an ONLINE class and need internet and Word 2007 to turn my assignments in.  Yeah, very annoying.  Not sure what I'm gonna do about that since I have NO money to buy a new computer and I have a bunch of assignments due this week.  Blah - I hate computer problems and I kinda hate the fact that I can't get a new one and have no other options.  It's kinda ruined my weekend because I'm a bit nervous about not being able to connect at home.  I guess my blog post may be down this week!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that in the end tomorrow work decides they don't need my computer and I can take it back home.

But, to end on a happy note: Daylight Savings Time ended so I can sleep in tomorrow for an extra hour.  Best news ever!!

Oh, and a word of advice.  When you get stressed - a huge spoonful of Nutella does the trick.  Yum-a-roo!  I've had myself a few of those this evening....



Happy Monday !!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Stopping by from Mingle Monday...love your blog-Now following. And I agree, Nutella makes everything better! :)
    ~Betty
    http://northwestbetty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had such a busy weekend! Brunch sounds super yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....