First, something near and dear to my heart: World AIDS Day. 1 December is World AIDS Day (and my cousin's birthday - Happy Birthday Erika!!). HIV is probably closer than you think - someone you know may very well be infected or affected by the disease. So, on this very important day - remember these two important tips:
1) GET TESTED!! If you don't know your HIV status, it's important to go get tested. I would recommend getting a test at least once a year. Hubs and I get tested every year - even though we're married and monogomous. It's just something I feel very strongly about. If you haven't been tested recently and would like to, I put up a special widget on my blog - just type in your zip code and the closest places will come up. I actually just get tested at my yearly phycical or gyn appointment - that works fine too. However, if you don't have insurance the local health department or Planned Parenthood usually have free or low-priced anonymous testing.
2) WEAR A CONDOM!!! I can't stress this enough. Condoms save lives - there is NO excuse for not wearing a condom if you have various partners or a partner with other partners. Although it's hard, I even recommend condoms for married couples if you can't trust your husband absolutely. In reality, things happen. Working in HIV I know things happen a lot more than people think they do and it's scary. Married women are getting HIV along with older adults - Viagra is a blessing and a curse.
Anyway, don't want to overload my blog with AIDS information, but I feel like it's important to pass this info on. Not everyone is comfortable talking about HIV and AIDS or sex for that matter but it's a conversation we should all be having more often. If you want more information go to http://www.aids.gov/ - there is a ton of info on their site. Or just contact me - I love to share health info with other people!
****************
And now onto Jingle Bells.
![]() |
| via google images |
I can't emphasize enough how happy Christmas music makes me!! As I pop into my car so very early in the morning, Christmas music fills my car and makes me instantly happy. I play it in my car, all day at work, and in the house (when the TV's not on). I just can't get enough of it!
Talking about Christmas, my sister took hubs shopping for my Christmas gifts. I made a nice list to avoid getting weird gifts that I don't want. I love, love, love my hubs but he is not a great gift giver. One day I'll take a photo of the first Valentine's Day present he bought me - priceless! After that I just thought it was a better idea to give exact ideas rather than leave it up to his ideas.
Also, tomorrow is our office holiday lunch! Whoopie am I excited!!!! It's also the first night of Hanukkah - so ...
Happy Hanukkah
and
World AIDS Day
and
First Day of December!!!





love your blog...and you fill in the blanks are great!
ReplyDeletexo
monica