Good news - my sister's baby is on her way out as we speak! I can't wait to meet the little one!
And now for some Fill in the Blank Friday from the little things we do! Wanna participate, head over to her blog and link up - it's a lot of fun!
1. The most spontaneous thing I've ever done was go to Guatemala to a language school all by myself when I was 19. I had made the reservations and flight arrangements and figured out how to get from the airport to the bus station, but I didn't think about what I was going to do when I got off the bus at 11pm in a strange town in Xela, Guatemala. I had no hotel reservations and no idea where to go. Lucky for me, there was a nice Canadian lady on the bus and she took me with her to stay with some friends and then brought me to the school the next day. In reality, I have NO IDEA what I would have done had that not happened. That bus station was very sketchy and my Spanish was atrocious...
2. The best gift I've ever received was my wonderful family and friends. Material items don't really compare but I love my family and friends and feel so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.
3. A time that I was truly and genuinely surprised was when a birthday gorilla showed up at my restaurant for my 16th birthday. Totally not expecting that! The gorilla made me sit on a chair while it danced around me and sang Happy Birthday in the middle of the restaurant. My sister and friends (who were responsible for the gorilla) were laughing like crazy!
4. I can't leave the house without a house key? I don't really know. I've left many things behind (phone, purse, chapped stick, etc.) and it's never killed me so I can pretty much leave the house with just the clothes on my back and survive. Although money is nice if I am going to buy something. I'm pretty low key - don't need a lot of stuff with me. I think during this dry winter season I like having chapped stick with me though.
5. My favorite day of the week is Friday because it is just so much more relaxed and everyone is so much happier (and there is almost no one on the bus so the commute is so much better). I'm usually pretty busy on Saturday and Sunday so although I don't have to work I don't get to relax too much. However, on Friday there is the illusion that with the weekend comes relaxation. So, it is that feeling that makes me love Fridays the best.
6. Something that can always make me laugh is my husband. He just does and says the funniest things that make me crack up. He makes crazy faces or does funny looking dances or sings weird songs and I always laugh and laugh. My niece makes me laugh too because the funniest things come out of her mouth like "Daddy car pee-ew" which is just the most hilarious thing for a 22 month old to say in her little toddler voice.
7. My perfect day would include my entire family (immediate family plus hubsters) waking up in Vermont at my parents house with snow on the ground, helping my mom make a big breakfast with coffee and hot cocoa, playing Yahtzee with hubsters and the family, reading books, watching movies, and just being together. Hopefully something like that will happen this Christmas.
Happy Friday!!!




lol I cant beleive your friends did that to you. Thats hilarious!!
ReplyDeleteI love your perfect day! It sounds like there will be one more person at that perfect day very soon. I hope your sister is doing well. :-)
ReplyDeleteBest of luck to your sister!!! That's so exciting to welcome a new member to the family :)
ReplyDeleteYou have such a wonderful spirit; I can tell just by looking around and reading about the work that you do. Also, I have a tendency to gravitate to people who are also low-key so I can totally relate.
I just wanted to thank you so much for stopping by and helping to make my SITS day so special. Women like you are what this blogging community is about, so it's wonderful to make your acquaintance. Hope you're enjoying your weekend :)
Aww! Congrats to your sister! I cannot wait to hear all about it!
ReplyDelete