Monday, November 8

Day 154 of Happiness: So much to be thankful for...

via

Today started out like any normal day.  It is ending pretty normal too now that I think about it (me, on the computer, blogging and studying nutrition).  It's Monday so there is rarely anything inherently good that happens on a Monday - I actually have to make an effort to have spots of happiness.  Today some were handed to me.

First off some serious stuff.  Last week I had a few biopsies taken and today my doctor called to tell me that they are cancer-free.  I was a bit worried all week so I am REALLY relieved that it turned out negative.  Plus, the experience of getting a biopsy was so traumatizing I still have nightmares about it.  It was horrible and incredibly painful.  However, when the doctor called I quite relieved.  Good news all around!

Now, my next spots of happiness are not quite as serious as cancer - but don't let them fool you.  They have made me immensely happy.  Let me go back a bit and give you some a lot of context.

Remember my old, ugly, hideous, disgusting shoes?  Well, a few weeks ago my hubster took me shoe shopping.  I went to my favorite shoe place: Nordstrom.  I love my old Steve Maddens and was super sad to give them up.  I know they are ugly and unfashionable and all that - but they are so comfortable and go with everything.  I wanted shoes just like them.  However, I couldn't really find any loafer-style shoe that wasn't super granny-style.  I may be dorky, but I don't want to look like a grandmother.  The shoe guy brought out a few pairs he thought I'd like but none were loafer-y.  So, I kinda liked some Me Toos and decided to go with them - they weren't too expensive and I really needed something to wear the next day with my suit. 


That was the shoe - very cute.  I liked it a lot.  However, it was a bit more heel (or wedge) that I was used to and it was a bit too big.  I tend to wear an 8 but this was a little big.  I thought it would be find though, with some thicker socks, and left with these shoes.

Bad idea.  They were way too big and a bit too fancy for my drab style.  I toughed it out though because they were a gift from hubs and I didn't want to seem ungrateful. 

Unfortunately, on my miserable and long walk to the bus in shoes with tissue shoved in the toe and a bleeding heel, I decided I couldn't go on with these.  I had to get a new pair.

So, today I went back to Nordstrom and asked if I could return them - even though I had worn them for two weeks.  I figured they'd say no but I thought it was worth a shot.

THEY SAID YES!!!!

I love Nordstrom!!  The guy didn't even ask to see them - he just took them back (and I didn't lie - I said I had worn them numerous times).  I looked around but didn't see anything else that I wanted so he gave me CASH!!

So I took that cash and went to Bakers.  Nothing good there. 

Understand here, I was a mess.  I HAD to find new shoes.  My ugly shoes were getting holes on the side and just couldn't be worn anymore.  Plus, I wanted this shoe search to just be over.

So, I depressingly walked into Aldo, browsed, saw nothing and started to walk out looked completely dejected.  A sales woman asked if she could help me and I risked it all by telling her I was looking for a boring, ugly work shoe that semi-resemble the ugly thing on my foot. 

She said, just a minute.

And she returned with the PERFECT shoe.



Sorry for the bad photo - they are Aldo Neives


And all was well with the world.

THE END!!!

PS. I love my new shoes!


6 comments:

  1. OMG! I'm so glad that biopsies are cancer free! Praise GOD!!!

    I love Nordstrom's customer service! I feel like, I'm more likely to buy things there just because the sales people are soo nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God for being cancer free:)
    I hate having to find good work shoes, it's always a hassle finding something that is comfortable and that just look relatively nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kattrina, I HATE shopping period and I tend to wear my most favourite everything (shoes, t shirts, jeans etc). I get panicked when my faves finally wear out. Thanks goodness for fantastic customer service and for practical footware. It may not be pretty - but for me -- you enjoy life a whole lot more when your feet are hurting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. me toooo :) My sister loves shoes, sexy shoes, shoes with heels, five inch high shoes, hooker boots with heels. I on the other hand like my Tevas (besides the smell lol) and my running shoes. Being comfortable is definitely a priority!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found you on Megs Mingle. Even though I don't know you I'm so glad you are cancer free. I've been worried about a mole which itches like crazy for a few months now and am worried about getting it checked out. I might feel more courageous now I've read this. as for shoes - well what more do you need to be happy? lol. Have a great week and loads more spots of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea you were going through all of that! I am so happy to hear the great news! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....