![]() |
| So tiny!! |
![]() |
| Look at all that hair!!! |
The unfortunate part of this situation is that I leave on Wednesday for a business trip and there is no one to really help out. Of course there are people to help with the new baby, but not with the day-to-day things like cooking dinner and making sure that the house is cleaned and there is food for lunch. So today, my sister's friend came over with her baby (M) and we spent the entire day cleaning and getting the house ready for the new baby. My husband took P and M to the basement to play while Shannon and I super cleaned, cook, and organized. I cooked chicken curry salad, bacon for BLTs, taco meat for tacos, and chicken for enchiladas. Then we cleaned the bathroom, the bedrooms, the kitchen, the dining room, the living room, mopped and swept, and 409ed the counters. After the kids went down for a nap hubster cleaned/organized the garage, got out baby things like the bath and swing, and then cleaned the downstairs closet (not sure why). Then right before they came home we hung up the It's a Girl signs! We literally finished about two seconds before the kids woke up and my sister, her husband, and little baby B walked in. It was perfect timing.
A day well spent! Then, of course, I had to sit down and study my toosh off because I had a quiz and homework assignment due tonight and I have to take my exam on Tuesday night after work before packing for my business trip. And my end of the year diet project is due on Friday - when I'm in Austin. Fabulous timing between the arrival of the baby, my business trip, and my nutrition class.
I'm tired just thinking of this exhausting day and everything to come this week. Shannon was a godsend and I never could have accomplished all this without her. What a great friend she is to do that. She actually ran a bunch of errands for us yesterday - picking up signs and newborn socks and balloons - and then spent all day here cleaning. Just her help was a true spot of happiness.
Now, maybe I can leave my sister without worrying too much!
![]() |
| So beautiful! |






congrats on your beautiful niece! i hope the baby and her momma and all the rest of you are doing well :)
ReplyDeleteOMG Congrats!!! How exciting :) The pics are so cute they almost make me want another little peanut!!! Hope to see more pics of your beautiful tiny niece!! Good luck with your exams!
ReplyDeleteAwww, how precious! Much congratulations to you (for being a new aunt) and your sister (for being a new mother)! That was so sweet of you to surprise your sis before she came home. I'm sure she must've absolutely loved it!
ReplyDeletecongrats!!!!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a doll! Congrats to you and your family!!!
ReplyDelete